• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Favorite NES game?

ThisFungi

8-bit crazy!
This thread needed to exist here everntually! :P

So which NES game is your absolute favorite? Or if you can't choose just one, list the ones you really like!

Mine is none other than Super Mario Bros. 3. The levels, powerups and music were cranked up to the max and became one of the best selling video games on the NES. The game also gives you 50 p-wings to play with once you beat it. :3

Another interesting game that I'm sure isn't talked about much is a platformer known as "Moon Crystal". Believe it or not it doesn't have anything to do with Sailor Moon and wasn't released in the US, however this translated version is in English and pretty readable. The graphics and music are really nice. :D

bluekentuckyboy

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
bluekentuckyboy
My favorite is probably Metroid. I have loved the series since I first played prime trilogy and have so far played every metroid game except hunters and pinball for ds.

Fakevox

Senior Squid
Off the top of my head, my favorite is probably Metroid. I also really like SMB3, Gradius, Dragon Quest, and Mega Man 2.

Bubble Man's theme is one of the best songs in a video game - FACT.

<π.

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LessThanPiArt
I haven't really played that many NES games, which is funny since I call my self "an old school gamer" all the time. I really enjoyed the few games I did play but my favorite would have to be mario 2. I liked the different characters and the complexity of the game. Mario 3, I feel, really set up the formula for what a lot of the 2-d platform genre would eventually become.

Dragonite

Full Squid
NNID
JameSdEke
Going to hold my hands up and admit that I've hardly played any NES games. I have messed around on Metroid for a bit... I do fully intend to play it properly one day. Megaman is currently tempting me. Only ever played the GBA game which basically is nothing like the NES/SNES series. Would anyone recommend it?

Dr. Peace

Full Squid
Mega Man 3 or 4 are the only games that jumps to mind readily. The NES era of games was decent, but a lot of them haven't aged incredibly well.

<π.

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LessThanPiArt
megaman is a classic but for a simple as it is it is almost frustratingly difficult for the modern gamer. Even me going back and playing it now getting tired of dying and can rarely sit through it till completion (especially the Willy stages)

Despite metroid being my favorite Nintendo series I don't really enjoy metroid 1... If I was a little older it'd probably have been a huge nostalgic trip for me. But as a kid, even in my preteen years the game was just too complex and didn't offer me enough direction for me to really get and stick with.

Don't get me wrong Metroid 1 was a GREAT game it really played; at least in my opinion, a big role in the direction a lot of platforms went with its non-linear level design. And really revolutionized the way females could work in games. As a kid I didn't really care too much about all of that though.

Wonder Blue

Inkling
NNID
Otasira
My all time favorite would have to be Super Mario Bros with Samurai Pizza Cats coming at a close second place.

Dragonite

Full Squid
NNID
JameSdEke
Mega Man 3 or 4 are the only games that jumps to mind readily. The NES era of games was decent, but a lot of them haven't aged incredibly well.
I don't think I could jump in directly at number 3... I'd have to start at 1 and work my way to it. A lot of NES games I've played have had clunky style controls and have been a bit awkward... but I guess that's what you get if you want to stick in to some retro gaming.

Leigh

Inkster Jr.
I too, haven't played too many NES games, but I'd have to say my favorites are Punch Out!!! , Dr. Mario , and Yoshi.

Davybot

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Davybot
Mario 2 {USA} and/or Punch Out!! are my immediate picks that come to mind.

Radi

Senior Squid
NNID
InfinityBeamX
Mario Bros. 3 would be my favorite NES game hands down. I never played it as a child, but I went back to play it and I wasn't disappointed what-so-ever.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Mega Man 6 is my favorite. I enjoy Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA), Kirby's Adventure, Mega Man 3 and Duck Hunt a lot, too.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
Metroid, since I'm boring. I also like Hoshi no Kirby/Kirby's Adventure, and one that really surpassed my expectations is Volleyball. I'm not even joking. Volleyball is the B-side of the Super Mario Bros 2 JP disk.

I also prefer SMB2 JP over SMB1, because in SMB2 (JP) continuing from a game over results in starting back at the beginning of the world instead of all the way back at the beginning of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom