Favorite Type of Weapon? (w/ Poll)

Favorite Type Of Weapon?

• Total voters

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
So there are many types of weapons in the game, and more to come. So, it ultimately comes down to: which one is your favorite? A poll will be posted above, and you can cast your vote! Let's see which one reigns supreme!

PLEASE read all of the choices before answering, and if your weapon is missing, please post in the comments below! You can make up to five choices!

Last edited:

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
Even though I use the normal E-Liter 3K for my charger, I was wondering, do all scoped chargers go under the Splatterscopes category?
Nope, the E-Liter 3K scope would go under the E-Liter 3K category, though you could also puyt it into the Scope category if you want.

EsoTeRiC

Inkster Jr.
Prefer Chargers and splatterscopes. Reskinned normal charger is easily my favorite followed by standard splatterscopes. My least favorite charger are any 3-liter 3k.

PK21

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PuffleKirby21
Voted for Brushes, Hero Replicas (I use all 3 frequently), and .96 Gals.

Ber

Full Squid
NNID
Bernee
Right now it's the Squiffer but there are a couple of unreleased ones that I find really interesting

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Right now, there are quite a few:
5) The Squiffer, specifically New Squiffer. The fast charging makes it the easiest Charger for me to use (though I like to play aggressively, which doesn't always gel with Charger use), and Ink Mine/Inkzooka lets me cover all ranges with this weapon. The Classic is pretty nice too though, can't complain about Bubbler.
4) The .52 Gal, specifically Deco. I love the power and range, but what makes it great for me is the Seeker/Inkstrike loadout; Seekers are great for getting around and attacking beyond your range, and Inkstrikes are just great generally.
3) The Splat Roller, a very well-rounded and powerful weapon. Suction Bombs and Killer Wails let me attack at range, while close-up foes get whacked with the roller.
2) The L3 Nozzlenose, the one I didn't expect to enjoy. It's quite good for turf coverage with its burst-fire, and it has Disruptors to ensure that ambushes go smoothly, plus Killer Wails for area denial and attacking through cover. A very good weapon, even with its quirks (it's really more like a Blaster than anything, it even shares the same loadout).
1) The N-Zap '89, my favorite currently-released weapon. It's very well-rounded, but Sprinkler gets me frequent Inkstrikes when I can stay alive. It's one of the few weapons with which I don't feel like my team has to carry me (2, 3 and 4 are also this, 5 a bit less so), which is something.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
Splash-O-Matic and Neo Splash-O-Matic all the way. Sploosh-O-Matic is terrible, though.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
Jet squelchers aren't on the list, and they are very different to the dual squelchers so they shouldn't go under that category.

anywho .52 and .96 gals were my favorite for a while but recently I'm enjoying the splattershot jr. a lot
carbon roller is always a fun thing to play with ^w^

Math

Pro Squid
NNID
BigPenguini
bumping this because i wanna see a lot of data about what weapons sb uses

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Jet squelchers aren't on the list, and they are very different to the dual squelchers so they shouldn't go under that category.
I agree. Jet Squelchers and Dual Squelchers are still pretty distinct for being part of the same family.

Anyway, favorite weapons/types:
  • The O-Matics (especially the Splash-O-Matics): They fire fast and with great precision, and they come with good subs and specials (provided you use its Squid Beakons well even the Sploosh-O-Matic has its uses, though I still prefer the Splashes). There is a very good reason I have over 600,000p with the regular Splash-O-Matic.
  • The N-ZAPs: Not only a neat throwback to the old days of gaming but also pretty solid with their fire rates even with middling range. The '89 edition is especially useful because the Sprinkler lets me build up turf for a relatively easy Inkstrike, though the '85 edition's Splat Bombs have the benefit of staying around even after I get splatted.
  • The Aerosprays: These things fire even faster than the O-Matics but at the cost of precision. I don't mind, though, since they have nice spread for covering turf and allowing me to get their specials quickly. I prefer the RG due to the combination of Ink Mines and Inkstrikes, but the MG is also nice for having Seekers and an Inkzooka in the package.
  • The .52 Gal Deco: It doesn't fire as fast as the above weapons but makes up in sheer damage. I actually prefer this to the regular .52 Gal because it has both Seekers and Inkstrike, letting me track down foes and give them a wild chase (if not splat them) while I build up turf for mass ink coverage. Besides, I'm not much of a fan of Splash Wall since I prefer bombs and Sprinklers.
  • The Custom Jet Squelcher: The perfect weapon for engaging foes from afar despite its suboptimal fire rate. The Burst Bombs also help with getting turf quick and wearing down foes that get close, and the Kraken is pretty much a solid choice for finishing off anyone who least expects it. It certainly beats the regular Jet Squelcher's Splash Wall even though that weapon has the Inkstrike.
So yeah, my favorites are shooters that either fire fast, hit hard or stretch far. If I want to win a Turf War, I simply feel I need a weapon that can go places before anyone on the other team can.

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming

anywho .52 and .96 gals were my favorite for a while but recently I'm enjoying the splattershot jr. a lot
carbon roller is always a fun thing to play with ^w^
I agree. Jet Squelchers and Dual Squelchers are still pretty distinct for being part of the same family.
I didn't even know Jet Squelchers existed :P. But now they're added to the poll, and I believe you can modify your votes to your choosing.

Njok

Bouncer
This is so much harder than i thought!

Special mention to the Nzap 85. You are an amazing weapon and i love your splatbombs, but they will only let me choose 5.

5. The 96 Gal, especially the deco variant. The range and damage are insane and i love it. Walls are reallly nice, even though i forget to use them too often.
4. Dynamo Rollers. Either one, really. Although i kind of dislike the inkstrike, splat bombs make up for that easily. Echo is amazing so i usually go with the normal dynamo for that reason.
3. Splash O Matic. Insane fire rate, nice accuracy, bombs. BOMBS :D Suction bomb rush is easily the most fun special (probably not the best but who cares). And the neo version even made me love burst bombs. I spend all last night just killing with burst bombs. So much fun.
2. Splattershot. Boring choice but yeah, the Tentatek version. It just does everything right.
1. Splat Roller. And i don't even know why. Probably because i am too lazy to work on my aim :D No, but really this just is the most fun to me. I just love jumping people with those things. Especially in tower control when people are dumb enough to be on the tower with 3 at a time. Triple kills with one flick, hell yeah :D

KiwiBasket

Inkling
The Custom Splattershot Jr. has a really special place in my heart. Its playstyle suits me a lot, since I prefer being support than an aggressive front-line player. Echolocation is great for everyone and being able to slow down others with my Disruptors to help my team get the kill is pretty satisfying. The only problem is that I think I've gotten way too used to it, because using a weapon without those subs just feels weird.

I like the N-Zap '95 a lot, too, probably because its stats are like the Splattershot Jr.'s, but it has way better accuracy and range. It's great. And it still has Echolocator, yesss.

I'd like to pick up a charger sometime, though. I've got a Kelp Splatterscope in my inventory just waiting to be used.. maybe I'll try that today.

Pokes

Inkling
.52 gal deco is definitely a favorite for me. Great amount of power, fire at good speed, and love both the sub and special. Plus, it's really useful in both Turf Wars and Ranked Mode(both Splat Zones and Tower Control). I don't see what's not to love about it. :)

The Blasters are really great too, really powerful weapons. While it lacks speed, the firepower really makes up for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom