favorite weapon for each mode?

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
heeeey everyone! because i seen many different weapons in ranked modes i been curious about which weapons you guys prefer for each mode and why? who knows maybe you chose weapons that aren't suiting for the mode at all but you still kick *** with them anyhow :D

here is my preference and i will tell you why

RM - well for this mode i always choose the Octobrush with the missiles special,i used to be bad with this mode i really was until i picked this weapon..i like this weapon for this mode because it's so easy to splat the RM holder and their allies who are close to them,it is even easy to camp and wait for the RM holder to come close enough,it worked multiple times for me,even if i had bad matches i still did well xD i had this 1 match yesterday where everything went to fast for me so i was a walking around a bit confused but at the end my performance was still the best o_O

TC - for this mode i prefer the Dapple Dualies with the suction bomb special,the reason why is because the special had helped my team out mutiple times even to the point that we could get the lead or win the match,often due to the close range i can very easily splat enemies on the tower,otherwise my special will be capable of splatting them even after they splatted me they still got splatted haha

SZ - this mode is a hard pick but i have to say the Octobrush,since in this mode i am the defender type of the SZ i make sure to be the 1 that i keep the SZ under control as long as i can while trying to keep the area around it secure,if i have to attack or splat enemies then i will but only if they come close enough,even if my whole team goes to the enemy spawn zone i will stay behind because i know if they all get splatted there need to be that 1 player still around to defend the SZ when they are respawing,i must say this weapon goes best for me in this zone xD

CB - i will pick the slosher for this 1,i just recently been using this weapon but i noticed i got potential for this 1 lol the reason why is because CB been the hardest mode for me but when i decided to try the slosher things became easier,of course i still have bad matches but personally this weapon seem to make the mode easier for me,it is hard to explain why but it just seem to work for me,in 1 match i was really kicking the enemy's ***,splatted 3 to 4 holders of a football with ease while my team was dominating their goal zone :D

Last edited:

JaeSplatter

Inkling
Rainmaker: I think a N-Zap ‘83 is good for this mode. Suction bombs have a great blast radius and Ink Armor protects your teammates and the Rainmaker holder. Also, this weapon has great range.

Tower Control: This one is honestly hard but a Splat Charger or a Slosher is great beside Blasters. The Splat Bombs can be used in a bad situation and the Sting Ray can get enemies off the tower. The Slosher is basically the same. The bombs do the same and Tenta Missiles locate and get opponents off the tower.

Splat Zones: About any weapon, except Brellas and Blasters, can work. Specifically, the Rollers, Sloshers, and Brushes work. These weapons can cover a lot of ink, attack, and defend. For rollers, I would pick a Splat Roller, Krak-On-Splat roller, or a Gold Dynamo Roller. For Sloshers and Brushes, any are great.

Clam Blitz: A brush, Sploosh-o-Matic, or Enperry Splat Dualies. These weapons can make great escapes with their Curling Bombs. Because of the weapon speed or the Curling Bombs, going to gather and score for your team will be quicker than other weapons.

I like your forum!

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
I use the goo tuber everywhere and I ENJOY destroying those scrubs using their meta weapons with my unassuming machine of DEATH MWAHAHAHA

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Turf Wars: I'd say the weapon I'm genreally consistent with are the vanilla Splat Dualies. Though Turf Wars being my practice ground with weapons in general, I also practice other weapons and I use and others I don't.

Splat Zones: Depends on the map in all honestly. If it's a map with good vantage points where I can defend and reclaim the zone, Heavy Splatling Deco is my go to, but otherwise I just default to my typical Splat Dualies.

Tower Control: Tri-Slosher has always been my go to in Splatoon 2. It has a good firing rate, being the fastest in the Slosher category and the Burst Bombs are at home for me. Due to how Sloshers work, it's great for fighting people on the tower and off from a vantage.

Rainmaker: I just take my normal Splat Dualies here. If I don't have the Rainmaker, I flank people or pave the way, if I do, weapon is irrelevant.

Clam Blitz: While I originally used the Octobrush Nouveau, I went back to just using Splat Dualies. With the Octobrush Nouveau, I used to try to brush along to get clams or try to set beakons as key places for my team to jump straight to, like behind the basket, but people never noticed them. So I just went back to my typical set, sneak around, take people out, if I want somebody to superjump to me, I'll sneak behind enemy lines myself and be the human beakon (and be invisible to the other team on some maps).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom