• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Favorite Weapons

Doodly Doo

Inkling
NNID
herosblade
What weapon is your Favorite? Tell us a brief overview of your weapon of choice.
Proclaim why you are so in love with it and some of your strategies for using it.
What kind of maps do you prefer to use it and in what games modes?
What are some of its short coming or things you don't absolutely adore?

Let us know!

Scarfking

Inkling
NNID
christian
My favorite weapon is the Octobrush. Its slightly wider than the Inkbrush, with more power and less speed. I like this weapon because it allows me to zip across the battlefield quickly, and actually have useful sub and special weapons for Ranked matches.
One strategy i like to use- especially against chargers in close quarters- i call the Snake. If you use a brush and find yourself face-to-face with a charger, simply run in a zig-zag towards them before going in for the kill. This works especially well in Port Mackerel.
As mentioned, Port Mackerel is a good map for the Octobrush, mainly because you can easily get into the enemy's base and cover their ink and ambush them when they respawn :cool:. Though Camp Triggerfish is also a good map, because it allows you to get past the middle area and behind your enemies quickly, as well as set up Squid Beacons along the way. One unfavorable map, however, is Kelp Dome, where everything's so open, its too easy to get killed from behind.
The only flaw i personally see is bad ink efficiency- which i get around easily with Ink Saver (Main) on my equipment.

RoboticJ4000

Inkling
NNID
RoboticJ4000
I don't really have a "favourite" weapon, I have multiple favs.
For the Crabon Roller, it's all about ambush. It's can reach ledges above you by a bit (not a lot, keep the mind). You need to swim-jump near them to smack them, as rolling towards them is gonna leave you wide open. Burst Bombs aren't useful as you should be using the roller itself for combat. Inkzooka should be saved when you're clear and you see someone in the distance. Damage Up is useful for extra damage each splash, Ink Recovery Up is good if you're on defence.
For the E-Liter 3k (regular), If you have 3 Damage Ups on main (or 9 subs, but keep in mind that the boost is slighty less), you can kill someone with half charge (or somewhere around there) but keep in mind that the range on half a charge is lower. Also Burst Bombs are useful for defending yourself against intruders, and Echolator for locating emenies or recovering a full ink tank. You're gonna need to learn how to quick-snipe and predict if you want to use this weapon (
- use this, it's what I used to learn this info, thanks to Scarfking for sending me this, big thanks to the creator of this video for making it).

Jinx129

Senior Squid
NNID
Jinx129
I like Chargers because getting those kills is so SATISFYING! Make it a double and, yeah....
I am very interested in the new rapid blaster coming out tonight. I have been messing a little with the other versions of this weapon and I kinda like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom