Fellow flex players, what are your stories/ experiences within the community?

SplatNerd

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3215-8665-8214
I'm personally interested in seeing the upbringings and perspectives of other people who play a bunch of different weapon types.

For me, I started out as a little timmy clash blaster and after discovering the comp side of splatoon I started watching ThatSRB2Dude's tearing it up series and was amazed at how someone could be so good at just bringing a random weapon into ranked and slaying with it. I started to experiment with a bunch of different weapons and ended up enjoying the process of learning a new weapon and adapting to a new playstyle. Once I started to develop an actual refined weapon pool I decided to join a team and every team I've played with so far has been amazed at how many different weapons I can play or how quickly I can learn new ones.

I feel like being able to play many different weapons is one of the best assets you can have as a comp player, not only to fill out holes in a weapon comp, but also the knowledge of how to coach yourself through learning something new can help you with team dynamics as well.

Also, are there any patterns with what kind of weapons you like to play? For me it's really RNG heavy weapons like JR :P

Interested to see what you all say!

Attachments

Shenorox

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7218-2129-6216
i changed mains like a million times when i played casually between s1 and s2. late s2 i played grim range, kdynamo, and vmini/zmini. going into s3 i replaced range with stamper, and dropped dynamo in place of slosher, when eventually evolved into tri nouveau and vmachine when i got more into competitive. my current weapon pool is ntri/vmachine/vstamper

i've come to really enjoy slow weapons that can afford to run swim speed, i like having large bursts of move speed between using slow main weapons. most fun playstyle for me

Just Alex

I'm Just an Alex
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-5474-3002-8338
I used to be a Gloogas One-Trick when I first played Splatoon 3, but as soon as I got into comp, I've been playing a ton of other weapons like Splatana, Dread, and Shot

Zonink

DUNKACCINO
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-0113-7061-9838
I've pretty much been a flex player for 8 years straight, granted a lot of that is just picking shooters but I do enjoy when more unconventional weapons become meta so I get an excuse to play them. i.e pencil.

Biggest advice for playing flex is just to do a lot of pickups, being a flex is a lot more conducive towards pickup culture than teams are. Learning how to play around weapons you aren't familiar is super important since often time as a flex player you aren't the one playing proactively and your weapon picks will revolve around someone autolocking roller or something. I personally just can't play a single weapon for more than 30 games straight at all, it's too boring for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom