• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Figuring out how to use new Dread Kit(It sucks though)

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
I can't believe they just keep ruining every kit this season(besides Squiffer), it's insane.
I guess I'll play it anyway but every slosher has had at least one kit that works with it, even if it's not the best.
This is the first time that I'll have a weapon with two kits that are just mid at best and horrible at worst.
But since I'm gonna try it out anyway I figure I'll try and see how to make it work
This really seems like it works best in clams and maybe zones(only saying that because having a special to quickly refill your ink tank and find anyone sharking feels better than using it to cheese zone)
Definitely going to be more passive so I'm not planning on running any QR for it
Sub power up is a guarantee ofc so there's some gear slots taken up just for that already
Not sure if sub saver will be necessary though, probably not
Without needing QR I might run ssu just to get around and escape more quickly
besides that idk this isn't what the weapon wanted

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
Yeah, this kit seems like it plays way more supportively, trying to spam paint and damage at people, so I'm thinking of using a bit of swim speed, some special charge and special power, sub power and ink saver main for the gear.

Honestly I think it can still be played somewhat aggressively since its special isn't that valuable (F)
It really needed a good special, but I suppose this kit still has decent synergy so it could be worse

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
Yeah, this kit seems like it plays way more supportively, trying to spam paint and damage at people, so I'm thinking of using a bit of swim speed, some special charge and special power, sub power and ink saver main for the gear.

Honestly I think it can still be played somewhat aggressively since its special isn't that valuable (F)
It really needed a good special, but I suppose this kit still has decent synergy so it could be worse
Yeah, it can definitely play aggressively still. Instead of QR, beacons will probably enable you to get into riskier positions and if things don't go well you could quickly jump to a beacon you placed. You could still do this with the first kit but having beacons will just make it easier so you don't have to depend on your teammate being in a safe position or not having anyone to jump to at all. I guess I'm talking about a similar playstyle to the vanilla roller that'll get close and jump out if its caught.
Also Wavebreaker being an instant tank refill means you'll keep putting out pressure with your sloshes for longer than the Reefslider kit could.
I'm still gonna play more passively though honestly. That's just what I'm planning to build my gear around but it can still go forward even without a bomb.

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
Yeah I think it'll be decently flexible, now that you're not painting for the guess I'll die special.
God this kit could have been so much better it's depressing. At least it's not just zones cheese: the weapon anymore.

But lowkey if wave gets buffed again it could be pretty cool so fingers crossed

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
Figured I'd come back to this after finally creating a build for "Dead" Wringer D.
Screenshot (61).jpg

Ended up focusing a lot on ink tank management.
LDE was practically a guarantee with how ink hungry Dread is anyway, it's just that you were probably going to die most of the time anyway with the vanilla kit but this kit wants to play more passively.
2 subs of ism for an extra slosh even after placing a beakon without any LDE active.
Spu was also a guarantee and since I have no bomb to poke, might as well focus on making beakons as quick as possible for jumping back in.
Wasn't sure about the main of Ink Saver Sub but while playing it, I noticed that the amount of time it took to regain back ink and and how often it took to swim around the map with Dreads slower swim speed to place beakons was making it harder to find any time to place them anyway unless there was a wipeout.
With LDE active and a main of isb, beakon ends up costing less ink than fizzy bomb so I can play more into that support midline role it wants, even if it's not really great at it.
No point in scu either, Wavebreaker doesn't do enough to justify spending slots on a build for it and Dread paints well enough if it wants it.
Still a boring kit though but this build makes it a bit more bearable.

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
I think wave is good for dread but beakon really killed it
What do you think of having to hit two sloshes to combo with one wave? I really don't think the special does enough for how easy it gets shredded and the combo with one wave only working with two sloshes doesn't help with that.

Lisku

Inkling Commander
What do you think of having to hit two sloshes to combo with one wave? I really don't think the special does enough for how easy it gets shredded and the combo with one wave only working with two sloshes doesn't help with that.
yeah, wave really needs a buff

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom