Finally out, still live up to the hype?

Kielhaul

Inkster Jr.
NNID
JADbones96
I personally love what I've played so far and splatoon is already one of my favorite games on the wii u. I was wondering if it's as good as everyone hoped? What're your thoughts, anything your disappointed about? Anything that was a nice surprise?

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
So far, it hasn't really exceeded expectations, but it hasn't... uh, whatever the opposite of exceeding is, my expectations either. My opinion on it is that it's fun and addictive, but not the greatest game made. Turf Wars seem like they could get more somewhat fast (weeks or so), luckily they have so many other modes coming. :)

Last edited:

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It is better than I was expecting. I already have over 10 hours clocked in the game >_>

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
After beating the final boss yeeeeeeeeeeesssssss!

My god this game is amazing. So. Much. CHARM!

The single player is almost worth it alone, and you add multiplayer on top of it.

dustmyte

Full Squid
NNID
dustmyte
After spending almost 24 hours with the game, I can say I'm totally blown away by it. Splatoon is a masterpiece.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
The Game is soooo perfect <3
I usually hate Singeplayer Modes in "Multiplayer Games" but i really really love it in Splatoon

Mayday

Row, Row, Fight the Power!
NNID
MaydayBelieves
Yes. Single player is surprisingly really good and multiplayer is really fun. The only problem is the lack of content multiplayer wise. Not sure how long I can keep playing Turf War. Really enjoying it right now, but weeks from now it's going to wear me down

Judd

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GreatLordChrom13
I've been playing waaaay too much. last night I played from 9 PST to 12 PST, then I woke up at 8 and just stopped playing a few minutes ago. I'm already Level 13, and I've beaten the entire campaign. That final boss is difficult .~.
5 phases with Killer Wails, rockets, enemy spawns, and huge fists getting shoved in your face is not an easy task. Also the octopus dj just makes it weider lol

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
I've only played 4 single player levels, but I love the single player!

The multiplayer really shines for me! In fact, my father who is not usually into video games, came over and asked me what game this was. I told him it was a new game called splatoon and its all about marking your territory. He sat down, gave some surprisingly helpful tips, mocked me, and played a couple round of battle dojo which is also surprisingly fun! Needless to say, he really likes this game.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
Collecting the Sunken Scrolls is very fun too, they give you cool informations about the Inklings and the Octorians

Deru

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Derick
Collecting the Sunken Scrolls is very fun too, they give you cool informations about the Inklings and the Octorians
Yeah, it's a really nice touch. Some are tough to find!

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
I'm loving it so far single player is fun which it had more weapons without amiibos. Mutiplayer is great wish private match was there day 1 at least. It lives up gameplay wise.

KEWB

Inkling
NNID
KEWB99
So far, it hasn't really exceeded expectations, but it hasn't... uh, whatever the opposite of exceeding is, my expectations either. My opinion on it is that it's fun and addictive, but not the greatest games made. Turf Wars seem like they could get more somewhat fast (weeks or so), luckily they have so many other modes coming. :)
This basically sums up my feelings. It's pretty much exactly as good as I had it built up in my head to be. I was expecting it to be pretty darn good though, so I'm happy with it.

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
Slightly more addicting than I thought it would be. :P I'm really loving the game, turf wars is amazing, and although I've only played 4 levels of the single player campaign, it seems really great so far.

SylemG

Inkster Jr.
Pretty darn great. It's as good as i had expected it to be. I played enough on my first day to hit level 10, then took a break. I'll probably finally dive into single player a bit now too. Really excited to eventually see what is on the horizon from nintendo for this game.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
So far so good. Although we shall see how it keeps player retention over the months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom