Finally out, still live up to the hype?

Sycho

Lurking in the Ink.
NNID
Sychotix23
Switch Friend Code
SW-5767-2138-7496
It's fun but the Aug. update can't get here soon enough also not a huge fan of how the maps rotate.

I think it's super fun by I'm disappointed in some missing features. They could have made it so you could switch guns while waiting for players to join without having to leaving the lobby. We need more maps, it's a sin that the end game only has 5 maps to play on and we can only play 2 of them at a time every 4 hours. The focus for this game is online multiplayer, I just don't understand how these features were not on a full release date title. Also friend lobby's not a thing until August? Really? This game is extremely fun but that fact that we're getting a lot of features in DLC rather than it being a launch date thing feels like Nintendo did it on purpose just to stretch out the game's replay value. Just my thoughts.

CalmAppleSnake

Inkling
I'm loving it so much right now. I was blown away by the single player campaign especially the endboss. Multiplayer is really great, fun and addictive. My only gripe is really that some of the ui feels a bit fiddly and that you can't really join your friends immediatly. Most of the time you have to wait one round which is a bit of a bummer :(. But all in all its a great game and wasn't able to go to sleep before 4 am these last few days xD.

Chhipz

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Chhipz
The weapon customization options are too restricted, and the abilities you get with gear are random (with the exception of the first) until you've already invested time into them. For example, I want more guns that use a certain ability, but the ones that have it aren't weapons I like to use, etc.

Something also feels off about the aiming. I can't put my finger on it quite yet. Perhaps it's just the Gamepad's joysticks that feel awkward or something. Or it could be latency causing some of the inconsistencies I'm witnessing.

Losing win streak bonuses because you dont know when the map rotation will happen (or forget). The win streak flags should carry over, or at least give us a warning. Being unable to switch loadouts without backing out of a lobby is also archaic compared to other modern shooters.

Overall it's a fun game, but has its issues.

DigDeep

Senior Squid
The core gameplay definitely lives up, but there was never any doubt to that for me, especially after the test fire.

I haven't gotten the game yet, but everything else seems pretty disappointing at launch. The sparse amount of maps at launch, the decision to only rotate between 2 maps for 4 hours, something as basic as creating friend lobbies left out until a later update this summer, no pro controller option for online yet you can tape a Wiimote to Pro Controller for the dojo (lmfao), and no bots at all.

There's so many decisions I disagreed with about this game that my hype just died. I didn't care enough anymore to get the game at launch. By August a majority of my complaints won't be a thing anymore and what's left I could put up with to be able to play the fun multiplayer so I'll get it then.

Don't know if anyone noticed, but my hype had been so dead for this game that I stopped posting on the forums. Just randomly decided to stop posting. Never finished my app to be a mod after that. Hopefully I enjoy the game enough to change that when I get it but eh.

Vega

Inkling
Yes. Single player is surprisingly really good and multiplayer is really fun. The only problem is the lack of content multiplayer wise. Not sure how long I can keep playing Turf War. Really enjoying it right now, but weeks from now it's going to wear me down
Same here. The other thing I wish they would do is eventually put more maps into a rotation. I'm okay with continually playing Turf War, but there needs to be more variety in a 4 hour time span. Normally I can't play the full 4 hours with just two maps, especially if one of them is Saltspray Rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom