• Flight

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Invisibly

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
If we're speaking of usefulness of the ability, invisibility beats flight in just about every way. Want to fly somewhere? Go invisible and get on a plane or helicopter for free!

Tinker

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1436-2414-4908
That's true but if it was a race to go somewhere then flight would win.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Well a plane would likely still be faster than your body could handle flying on your own.

Creepers121

Inkling
Yes but the problem with invisibility is that you'll most likely make the plane or Helicopter be overweight, since they can't compensate your weight because they don't know you're on the plane. so Flight wins because free flying (Still no on bored Wi-Fi) without nearly killing everyone on the plane/heli

Last edited:

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
I chose Flight: I'm not thinking of something like long flights. Just from home to school or soccer training or the next store if I want to buy something. I am actually lazy. and they would still notice you in a filled bus or tramway since you still take up space And it would be creepy for others if they can't stand somewhere where nobody is because they don't know you are standing there.

Anyway: I would like both: Invisiblility and Flying. I would be able to fly everywhere I want without the inkling-police wanting to splat me.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Invisibility. because I Like To Watch I've been paid to be the Eye of Sauron for 14 years now, so why not?
(CCTV surveillance is about half of my job if you're curious).

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
Yes but the problem with invisibility is that you'll most likely make the plane or Helicopter be overweight, since they can't compensate your weight because they don't know you're on the plane. so Flight wins because free flying (Still no on bored Wi-Fi) without nearly killing everyone on the plane/heli
Well, with a helicopter maybe. But I have a hard time believing that a commercial airline's weight estimates have such a slim margin of error that a single extra person would be enough to put the flight in danger. If that were the case then invisible people would be the least of their worries - one flight with too many overweight people would be enough to bring the whole thing down.

Now if there was a whole horde of invisible people trying to stow away on the same plane, then yeah, I could see that being a problem. But since invisibility doesn't make you intangible, it would probably fail for other reasons.

Though when it comes to the practical concerns of using invisibility to stow away on a plane, one thing I will say is that it's probably a lot more limiting than some people think. For long distance flights with a large plane it would be one thing, but I've taken a few short-distance flights over the past few years, and the planes used for those are barely big enough to swing a cat in. They had less aisle space than most buses. Stowing away on those would be a dodgy prospect at best. So flight would be more practical for easily travelling short distances, whereas using invisibility to stow away would probably be more comfortable and practical for long distances.

I'm going invisibility personally. Partly because I'm shy and it'd be nice to just disappear sometimes, but also because it's much easier to hide it if you end up in a world where people with superpowers are despised and looked down on.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
That's not a thing. At all.

By that logic, if the average weight of the passengers is about a person higher than average, the same would happen.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
If you go by Oblivion logic, you will need to be advance in light armor if you want to be totally quiet with your tip toes. To further advance your invisibility to increase by 100% chameleon, you must reroll all your armor till it is ninja squid, turn your splatted squid into chunks to fasten the rating of getting all three stake.

By the time you are this invisible, your fellow comrades will bend the knee of your weapon that you have forage from the dreadra ruins, and have outrank your marksmen skill.

And to an added weight, this music plays while splatfest is going on:

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
I would be on team invisible, buuut judging by the artwork for this splatfest it appears that your clothes don't turn invisible with you. So if you want to be completely invisible you pretty much have to be naked everywhere. Which isn't a big deal since you'll be invisible, but anything you want to bring with you wouldn't be so what's the point?

Tinker

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1436-2414-4908
Yo I love Scatman John. I never thought people in this generatinon knew about him. Also you like my pic?

$aMLe_CaMLe

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5730-4497-2314
Invisibility, because I despise superman, and he can fly. You know what he can't do, turn invisible.

Tadashi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Dragoon29
I choose flight because it's much cooler than invisibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom