• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

For anyone interested in some real life Splatoon gear. .

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Woah, that's awesome! Would definitely fit with Squid hats won at amusement parks everywhere..

Biscuit

Inkster Jr.
I've ordered shirts from RedBubble before, and they're good quality. I have T-shirts that are about 4 years old from them. They haven't deteriorated very much -- no holes anywhere, and the ink is still in pretty good shape for its age.

Just make sure you turn the t-shirt inside-out before you throw it in the washing machine, wash them in cold water, and dry with low heat. This will preserve the printed images.

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
This... has to be some shaky legal ground. They're just taking people's fanart and turning it into shirts to sell. There's no way they have permission from that many different artists.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
This... has to be some shaky legal ground. They're just taking people's fanart and turning it into shirts to sell. There's no way they have permission from that many different artists.
I wonder. Maybe there's a legal loophole as long as the cost of goods only includes the physical clothing garment/accessory and labor and not the images. Maybe not, but it did cross my mind how certain sites are able to sell things with proprietary images on them and some aren't.

Biscuit

Inkster Jr.
The artists get a cut of the profit, don't worry. Artists make an account, and all their designs are attached to that account.

The shaky legal ground would be if RedBubble or these artists are truly allowed to sell products based off Nintendo IP (and other IPs -- there are all kinds of shirts on RedBubble).

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
The artists get a cut of the profit, don't worry. Artists make an account, and all their designs are attached to that account.

The shaky legal ground would be if RedBubble or these artists are truly allowed to sell products based off Nintendo IP (and other IPs -- there are all kinds of shirts on RedBubble).
Ah, well, that's good to know at least. It just kind of looked like they were taking every decent-looking image they found in a Google search and turning it into a shirt. lol

Biscuit

Inkster Jr.
Ah, well, that's good to know at least. It just kind of looked like they were taking every decent-looking image they found in a Google search and turning it into a shirt. lol
Naw. All those designs were posted by artists. The link OP posted was literally just search results. You can honestly sell whatever design you want on there. They also have phone cases, stickers, etc.

I honestly have no idea how they get away with some of this. There's plenty of stuff that is official art, and Nintendo doesn't see a penny of it.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Admin
Premium
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
Warchamp7
The only issue is RedBubble can't really police if the art someone puts up is truly their art.

Do some research before you buy anything on there to make sure the actual artist is the one that uploaded it :)

Actilide

Inkling Cadet
The only issue is RedBubble can't really police if the art someone puts up is truly their art.

Do some research before you buy anything on there to make sure the actual artist is the one that uploaded it :)
This man speaks the truth

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
While these designs are all great, I'm hoping for some official Splatoon gear as well. We saw the Splatoon wristbands and towel/scarf during the nikoniko stream, and I'd really be down to rock a splatoon hat or t shirt.

Let's goooooo

Teddy

Senior Squid
NNID
EggplantAlloy
The octopus tee is right up my alley. Also dig the one that's just a pair of glaring squid eyes. That ought to creep some people out.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
I love these shirts. I'd probably purchase one if I wasn't already getting a basic, yet neat t-shirt with my game bundle from Nintendo UK.

That Xenoblade Chronicles X t-shirt is very nice though. Very Splatoon.

youthCAT1590

Pro Squid
I love these shirts. I'd probably purchase one if I wasn't already getting a basic, yet neat t-shirt with my game bundle from Nintendo UK.
That Xenoblade Chronicles X t-shirt is very nice though. Very Splatoon.
Yea not sure why some of those shirts came up in the results. haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom