Is the Forge good?

• Total voters

Nintendoer

Inkling
NNID
WakerOfWindsHD
Switch Friend Code
SW-7745-4331-2226
I haven't used this weapon enough to form a solid opinion on it, but...discuss I guess.

Berry

Senior Squid
NNID
BlazzBerry
I love it. Eager to run tests on rainmaker and tower control with the bubbler.

Speaking of which, this special is really fun to use as a escape option or a distraction when the enemy team tries to pop the bubbles themselves.
Seeing others pop one of the bubbles you launched and getting a splat just brings a smile to my face.

Also, object shredder does wonders for this special....although I dont know if its viable or not with splatfest going on currently.

Last edited:

Dog King

Full Squid
It's so good. Whether you're using the bubbles as a distraction or offensively, they do absolute wonders. Plus, you don't even have to pop them right away, they'll just go bouncing around spreading puddles until you or a teammate gets to it (or an enemy...or they dry up after awhile). Plus, I love suction bombs on a long range weapon. It's a great zoning tool.

Last edited:

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
It's a great zoning tool.
That's basically what I've come to say about this weapon as a whole.

The splattershot pro already has good range and killing speed, making the weapon independent of it's kit. However, what the forge's kit does is that it enhances the fact that the pro has range, and it helps the weapon space enemies out effectively. With suction bomb, it threatens opponents from pressing onward, and they're safe to pressure with. With Bubble Blower (if that's what it's called), it allows the forge to threaten opponents and grab map control easier. However, I find the bubbles take too much commitment to pop by yourself, you have to spend so much time blowing them and popping them, so I don't find too many offensive uses for this.

That being said, I think this weapon will be a beast in tower control. As it has the suction bombs to make people evacuate the tower, and the bubble blower is a great defensive tool to halt an opponent's push, especially if they're stuck at a checkpoint. The only problems I think this weapon has is that it's somewhat slow, ink hungry, and the kit doesn't help it out much offensively. Overall, I think it's going to be a good weapon.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Overall, I like it.

The new special is one that doesn't seem that useful in every situation. I seem to save it for some better time that never seems to come quite frequently. But it's pretty cool, and it works great with the Splattershot Pro due to its firing range. Overall, it's just like every special in Splatoon 2: kinda underwhelming, but fun if used at the right time. And I've gotten a decent amount of splats with it in the few matches I've used it, so it seems good enough.
Not sure how it works well together with Object Shredder though, so I'd love to hear a clarification on that. Then again, I don't think Object Shredder is worth using in any situation.

Never been a big fan of the SSP before, although usually get a good amount of kills with it. But I've been enjoying it more in Splatoon 2 so far. I will say that I hate how much ink it consumes. Still, now that the Dual Squelcher is no more, it's good to have a long-range weapon that suits me, so I'll keep practicing with it. Only part of the loadout I don't really care for at all is the Suction Bomb, but even that's better as some of the other subs out there.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Cmon OP, you gotta have more to your post than that, otherwise it looks like you only made this thread for the sake of being the thread creator.

Anyway yeah, the new special is alright. Not as good as Inkjet, but not nearly as bad as Stingray. I guess my main complaint would be how long it takes to pop the bubbles without your teammate's support, so atleast in solo queue they're more for walling and distracting then straight up killing.

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
They do make a wonderful distraction. I think once people get used to them the walling and distracting may fall off quite a bit.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Very fun weapon, although I think this might be better suited for the Competitive Discussion. I don't think you could have very much discussion that's outside of the realms of that.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Very fun weapon, although I think this might be better suited for the Competitive Discussion. I don't think you could have very much discussion that's outside of the realms of that.
You can be a relatively casual player and still have an opinion on and experience with this weapon.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
You can be a relatively casual player and still have an opinion on and experience with this weapon.
That is true, but I just don't see where you could go with that for discussion. Even if you are a casual player, any real discussion of the weapon itself would still fit there more.

I believe at some point Weapon Discussion was an entire board in the competitive section.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
That is true, but I just don't see where you could go with that for discussion. Even if you are a casual player, any real discussion of the weapon itself would still fit there more.

I believe at some point Weapon Discussion was an entire board in the competitive section.
I don't know, I'm pretty new here. But I just assumed that some people don't really visit that section. I'm not interested in the competitive scene at all, so I never even thought of looking to see what that section is about to be honest. I don't see why something as important to the game as the weapons shouldn't be discussed in the main section of the Splatoon 2 board, but again, I'm new here.

EDIT: Okay, having taken a look now, it's just a slightly more serious Splatoon 2 board I see. Now I'm beginning to question if it's even necessary to have two sections, lol.

Reactions: Lyn

Nintendoer

Inkling
NNID
WakerOfWindsHD
Switch Friend Code
SW-7745-4331-2226
Whoops, sorry then. I'm a newbie on Squidboards.

Anyways, I've had some time with this weapon, and it is very fun. The Pro was definitely buffed from Splatoon 1, so it feels much better. Also, the Suction Bombs have amazing synergy with the main weapon. I'm getting so many kills thanks to those sweet bombs combined with the weapon. Not a huge fan of the special, but it works in some situations and is much better than the Sting Ray. The Forge may become my new main, so I clearly think it's good.

Reactions: Lyn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom