• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Formations

Cosmos

Inkling
NNID
knight-150
Explanation of formations and positions of those formations. There are five formations in all and four positions for each of those formations. Each clan member will take a position that each individual excels at. The formation that we do will depend on which stages are available at that time for ranked battles. Here are the formations:

Formation: Y
HNI_0042.JPG

Formation: W
HNI_0043.JPG

Formation: X
HNI_0044.JPG

Formation: T
HNI_0045.JPG

Formation: C
HNI_0046.JPG

Manta will mostly be in the offensive line in every formation because he's aggressive.

JigglyPuff is also a little more aggressive from what he told me. So I will mostly put him in offensive positions on stages that don't require a charger.

Ezio is a little more balanced so he will be in defensive or support positions that don't require chargers.

I myself am balanced in all positions I believe. I wanted to be the best so I been training with all weapons. I'm pretty good with chargers, rollers, and some shooters. My main shooters are the splattershot, splattershot jr, 52 gal, and the splattershot pro (a little). The other shooters I'm not good with at all. I can do mostly support positions if need be. Because with these formations the supporter will have to utilize the gamepad map a lot more then the offensive players and support the team accordingly.

Now for type functions (offensive, supportive, or defensive).
1. Offense: The offense is our first line of defense and are the people who push the team forward while pushing the enemy back by platting them or making them retreat. Offense will always stay in front of the line during Splatzones and Tower Control and help each other out to take out the enemy.

2. support: The support players support the offensive line. If a team mate is being double teamed and the call out "C'mon" is used then the first person to respond is the supporter. Also the supporter takes an offense position if one offensive player gets splatted by the enemy. The supporter can and should help any player when He or she can even without being called. But try to return to you're position when you can.

3. Defense: Defense is more for chargers. Defense players stay at the very back of the line taking out any enemy with the charger. Defense is also used if half (two) of the team is taken out. In defense, the two players should at least keep half of the splatzone under control and at least stop the tower from moving in Tower Control until the team is revived. You can also fall back and return to the base so we all can regroup.

Regrouping: if the whole team is wiped out or if three players are wiped out, the last player should return to the base so we can regroup and then do a full on assault when the team is revived. The enemy will most likely have inked the whole battle field (in Splatzones) which means it will be hard to move forward and attack effectively. The enemy will most likely be hiding in there own ink waiting for an opening to splat us. We have to draw them out! To do that, every player should go in different directions to attack the enemy from multiple positions which should also cause confusion for the enemy. Attacking from multiple positions (should be 4) the enemy will be forced from hiding and be tempted to attack if they see an opening. That will give away their positions! In response, any team mate should go and splat any enemy they see. If an enemy is trying to keep me at bay because of weapon range, his position will be reveled. That is the optimal chance for anyone of you to take the opponent out while he's focused on me!
When we take out the enemy we should return to our formation and wait for the enemy to come.

Last note: use you're head during battle. If an enemy keeps splatting you then stay calm and figure out how that person got you and react accordingly to counter attack when you're revived. Use you're head during formations and other things as well. If you see an opponent that you can easily take out no matter what position you're in then go take that person out and return to you're position when possible. React accordingly to the situation at hand!

Please reply with any concerns you may have or if you're confused. The formations will make more sense during training.

Last edited:

Aquila Ezio

Full Squid
NNID
Tha_Aquila_Ezio
Nice work. i will need to read it a vieuw times. and to know where i must be on the map. but if you keep calm and explain it calm and easy i will learn it and never forget it.

I am online already and waiting untill everyone is online.
I am playing on my Second Account that i have for a Dutch game site. but don't worry i will be on time when we are going to train.

Aquila Ezio

Full Squid
NNID
Tha_Aquila_Ezio
Qeustion to all:

if i am more a supporter and try to help everyone when i can. is it not smart that i use a weapon that has echo localizer?
So our team knows where the enemy is

Reset Bomb Jigglypuff

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yayforall
Qeustion to all:

if i am more a supporter and try to help everyone when i can. is it not smart that i use a weapon that has echo localizer?
So our team knows where the enemy is
I would LOVE you to have an echolocator since my weapon is a trap weapon.

Also, one note about chargers: they NEED to get to certain positions to snipe effectively. Sometimes, on stages like moray towers, I can get there myself, but PLEASE look at the guide for sniping locations. It would help you tell where I might want to go.

Last edited:

Aquila Ezio

Full Squid
NNID
Tha_Aquila_Ezio
I would LOVE you to have an echolocator since my weapon is a trap weapon.

Also, one note about chargers: they NEED to get to certain positions to snipe effectively. Sometimes, on stages like moray towers, I can get there myself, but PLEASE look at the guide for sniping locations. It would help you tell where I might want to go.
Nice Reset Bomb Jigglypuff, i will use then the Nzap 85. i can use bombs then and it shoots fast and lets me walk fast. and it has the Echolocator.
I will go read the guide so i now where you stand on the maps. Maybe its easy if you post the link here so i can't make mistake.

Thank you all Kindly so far.

To all: I am watching dutch TV but watch every minute if someone post something on this site.
So i can react very fast.

Reset Bomb Jigglypuff

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yayforall
Also... I disagree with falling back completely. Shouldn't they at least try to keep the zone/ tower out of enemy hands?

Aquila Ezio

Full Squid
NNID
Tha_Aquila_Ezio
Nice, i almost now the places on the maps where snipers are good.

The problem i have is that i must know where i am based.
If i understand it correctly i am more in the middel. and defend/support.

it will be nice if someone can make some easy map paints and put in those map the locations where i need to be. But maybe its alot of work.

Aquila Ezio

Full Squid
NNID
Tha_Aquila_Ezio
Also... I disagree with falling back completely. Shouldn't they at least try to keep the zone/ tower out of enemy hands?
You have a very good point.
if we falling back and comming back then the ohter team has a big time to set the score closer to zero in splat zones. and in tower controll the other team gets a big chance to come closer to our base with the tower.

But will se how it goes later today

Cosmos

Inkling
NNID
knight-150
Yes they should if there is at least two people still alive. I said that in my post. I just meant that falling back is an option. If you feel like you can at least keep the tower from moving while it's 4 against 2 (assuming the enemy team has 4 people alive at the time) then it's fine by me. But like if you get splatted right after the other two just got revived, then that wastes precious time to get the tower or splatzone back under control and it's 2 against 4 again. And in this game time means almost everything for splatzones and Tower Control. Every action always has a drawback effect. So it's up to you to make a good decision during battle! If you can keep the tower under control with two then do it! If you can't, try a different solution. React accordingly to the situation at hand. The choice is in you're hands.

Cosmos

Inkling
NNID
knight-150
Nice, i almost now the places on the maps where snipers are good.

The problem i have is that i must know where i am based.
If i understand it correctly i am more in the middel. and defend/support.

it will be nice if someone can make some easy map paints and put in those map the locations where i need to be. But maybe its alot of work.
Yeah I'm sorry >_<

I wanted to paint the formations on specific stages so it would be more easy. But I don't have the resources and I'm not good at graphic design. So it would be a lot of work.

Aquila Ezio

Full Squid
NNID
Tha_Aquila_Ezio
Yeah I'm sorry >_<

I wanted to paint the formations on specific stages so it would be more easy. But I don't have the resources and I'm not good at graphic design. So it would be a lot of work.
Uhm oke. maybe someone else can help.
if we have screens from the maps. and you could point my places in them with paint. then i am more then happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom