Forms of Disrespect in Splatoon?

Creator438

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Creator438
Aside from tea bagging, what do you guys think are ways to disrespect/style on people? I've always wanted to hear the community's thoughts on this, because I've always thought of different ways to disrespect people. I have been able to pull them off with the many weapons I've screwed around with, so I've formulated many ways of killing people that I believe fit the description of "style" and "disrespect."

Here are some things I've come up with or seen from other people:

Throwing a Sprinkler at somebody's feet, super jump circle, etc.

With a splatling, pressing ZR to shoot out small bursts of ink at people for the kill

Throwing Splash Walls either at somebody to try and kill them, or throwing it at a super jump circle (but both require prestine spacing; we know how Splash Walls can be)

Throwing a Splat Bomb at your feet while someone is near you (if you do it right, the Splat Bomb will not roll and you'll get it right near the person trying to kill you, resulting in a kill with a Splat Bomb; I've been screwed by this many times, esp. in ranked)

Using a Seeker on someone at point blank for an instant kill

Throwing a Seeker at a wall, killing the person purely with splash damage (I've seen Ryanator do this)

Blatantly targeting someone with a Killer Wail (though it's only disrespectful if you kill the person, I guess)

Squishing with a Dynamo Roller

Squishing with an Inkbrush

Squishing with a Carbon Roller (I don't think I've ever seen people do this though, but it's definitely there)

Inkstriking someone (same principle as the Killer Wail one I mentioned before)

Throwing a Sprinkler behind someone, shooting them with your main weapon, then letting the Sprinkler do the rest

I think I mentioned everything I've seen and came up with. What about you guys? Anything else that's disrespectful or stylish to pull off in this game that I've never seen or heard of (minus tea bagging, of course)?

jakeoti

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Wishsong214
While I don't usually go for them (teabagging in particular is gross and also wastes time that you could be doing something actually worthwhile), I sometimes can't help but place a Beak-on right where my defeated foe just was. Extra points for then Super Jumping to the Beak-on.

Also, I often kill with the Splatling one shot at a time, not because it's disrespectful, but because I'm in the thick of it and can't risk charging.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I recently came up with something which I'd love to try out but which would be insanely difficult to time right. Using the Sloshing Machine, I have the option of rolling a Splat Bomb under a Super Jump circle, and one gets used to the timing of that after a while, so it's a fairly reliable instant-splat technique. However, this weapon does have one other instant-splat method (other than combining Bomb splash damage with a direct hit) - this method requires your target to be within around half of your range.

Fire the first shot upwards so that it lands on your target and, with a little delay, fire the second shot directly at your target. These will hit at about the exact same moment and get a splat similar to a Grim hitting with a Burst Bomb plus indirect blast. I've done this a bunch in the training range, but in the field, it's almost completely impracticable - I can only imagine it being usable on a Super Jumping opponent, and the first shot would have to land just as they do. Also, it's not trivial to get the first shot (fired into the air) to hit at all.
Throwing a Splat Bomb at your feet while someone is near you (if you do it right, the Splat Bomb will not roll and you'll get it right near the person trying to kill you, resulting in a kill with a Splat Bomb; I've been screwed by this many times, esp. in ranked)
I find that to be a pretty valid tactic with a lot of weapons that otherwise struggle in close quarters - I use it all the time with the Sloshing Machine.
Blatantly targeting someone with a Killer Wail (though it's only disrespectful if you kill the person, I guess)
Inkstriking someone (same principle as the Killer Wail one I mentioned before)
These can be crucial for swinging a game if a single sniper is dominating the stage, but I guess that I get what you mean.
Squishing with a Carbon Roller (I don't think I've ever seen people do this though, but it's definitely there)
This has happened to me at least once...

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
I think that super jumping away from someone who's in the middle of splatting you is disrespectful.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Honestly, most of the things you listed as disrespectful are really just using the weapon as intended, especially your point on the Splatbombs and Seekers. I can't think of many other ways to use a Killer Wail aside from killing someone (kill is in it's name after all :p), or at least using it to stall the enemy team at a choke point.

Same with inkstrikes, if I manage to actually get a kill with one, I feel pretty great since it's not very good for getting kills. Now, I think it's a tad disrespectful to kill someone, and immediately inkstrike right in front of their spawn since it's almost more of a taunt/stall tactic than a tactical use of the inkstrike. But that's just me.

Trying to get kills with a wall is pretty risky and silly, so I would say it's less disrespectful and more pointless to try. And the few times I've been instantly killed by a wall, I can't help but give props to my enemy.

ZainreFang

Pro Squid
NNID
ZainreFang
With the loose definition of "disrespect" used in this thread, I suppose that using a Kraken/Bubbler when you're about to die is pretty "disrespectful".

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Alright, two things of note:
  • It's disrespectful enough to hang around just out of a charger's range and taunt them from there. In mine eyes, it's even worse to go up within range of at least two chargers, only to pop a Bubbler and do nothing but flop about the whole time it's up Add an extra douche point for every charger on the team. (What? They were getting dominated anyway, and I had nothing to do that my teammates weren't already doing.)
  • I lost control of the central tower in Blackbelly Skatepark to an E-Liter and shooter duo. Rather than give up or try to splat them with my :wst_shot_explight01: Pro's bursts, I instead decided to **** with them. The tower wall facing my team's base was still fully inked, so I swam back up to the top of the tower. As soon as I got up there, I tossed a Disruptor right between the two, nailing both, then fell back onto the wall to repeat it. What takes this from general annoyance to full-on ****ery was that I kept doing this for about a minute (they just couldn't splat me before I headed back down up until the last 30 seconds of the match).

Creator438

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Creator438
With the loose definition of "disrespect" used in this thread, I suppose that using a Kraken/Bubbler when you're about to die is pretty "disrespectful".

No dude, that just makes sense. The things I mentioned are either unconventional, stupid, hard to pull off, or silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom