• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Free for all mode?

noahk777

Senior Squid
NNID
noahgk
A free for all mode could be fun. 4 people running around, shooting eachother and trying to cover more ground. And it could work for a local multiplayer mode, which is....... currently...... lacking. Thoughts?

Clayton-D

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Clayton-D
I don't think the Wii U could handle that much locally. I feel like the system is being pushed to its limits with the game as is.

However, a free-for-all mode would be cool! The only issue is that all the maps so far are created for 2 starting points and no more.

noahk777

Senior Squid
NNID
noahgk
I don't think the Wii U could handle that much locally. I feel like the system is being pushed to its limits with the game as is.

However, a free-for-all mode would be cool! The only issue is that all the maps so far are created for 2 starting points and no more.
Couldn't handle that? Cough 8 Player Smash cough.

As for ground, they could add more for that mode pretty easily.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I'd be okay with a free-for-all mode, I think it'd be rather neat. I wonder if there'd be a certain weapon that'd be best though.

noahk777

Senior Squid
NNID
noahgk
I'd be okay with a free-for-all mode, I think it'd be rather neat. I wonder if there'd be a certain weapon that'd be best though.
I say that roller would probably be the best for there, seeing as you can sneak on opponents as opposed to both teams being aimed at eachother. Same as how sniper seems to be best for Tower Control, particulary for stopping opponents taking the tower.

Vayu

Inkster Jr.
NNID
baamin
I say that roller would probably be the best for there, seeing as you can sneak on opponents as opposed to both teams being aimed at eachother. Same as how sniper seems to be best for Tower Control, particulary for stopping opponents taking the tower.
Rollers seem to need team support to be effective in even mediocre playing levels.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
Couldn't handle that? Cough 8 Player Smash cough.
That's not really a fair comparison - the strain with local multiplayer is that the console has to generate four (or five with the GamePad) different images at once, which is a really big task. There may be a lot going on in 8-player Smash, but it's still just one image.

I have a suspicion that the reason for the lack of local multiplayer is technical and that the ink is difficult to display, but it's impossible to know without being a Splatoon developer.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I don't think it will work. The game seems to be designed for team play in mind.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
As much as I'd love local multiplayer (especially two people being able to share a console for online play) I can understand if they're having trouble implementing it or decided it wasn't what they wanted to prioritize. A free for all mode would be tons of fun, I think there should be 8 ink colors that can be used together without running into too close of shades? Maybe we'll see it down the line as a new dlc mode.

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
Moving around could be a literal mess with 8 different colors around the map, moving around could become an issue.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well, maybe 8 couldn't work, but I could see 4 being interesting. While it wouldn't be too much of a top priority to see it, options are always good.

dcooper

Senior Squid
NNID
victoriafan15
I think it be alright to have a free fall mode that way you dont have to always lose or win as a team in every mode.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
This has been requested before, yeah. I would definitely like a free-for-all mode. Also, similar thread here if you want it. [link]

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
yeah a ffa mode would honestly be a nice break from the constant objective based gameplay. even if it's just team ffa that would be fine.

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
I think it'd be pretty fun. It would be neat to see all the different colored paint all over the map.

To solve the problem of not being able to swim through all the different colored inks, they could simply make all the player colors the same, or keep the different colors and let players swim through any colored ink anyway. Maybe make the Inklings rainbow colored, or cycle through all the colors.

noahk777

Senior Squid
NNID
noahgk
That's not really a fair comparison - the strain with local multiplayer is that the console has to generate four (or five with the GamePad) different images at once, which is a really big task. There may be a lot going on in 8-player Smash, but it's still just one image.

I have a suspicion that the reason for the lack of local multiplayer is technical and that the ink is difficult to display, but it's impossible to know without being a Splatoon developer.
Mario Kart 8, Nintendo Land, ect.

holowknite

Inkster Jr.
NNID
holowknite
That would be cool but to be honest it would be pretty chaotic xD.
Still i would like to see how that could work

holowknite

Inkster Jr.
NNID
holowknite
Never said it was bad to be chaotic but it would be pretty hard with the type of HUD they have made for this game unless they create a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom