• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Free for all mode?

Inkie

Inkster Jr.
A side from new hair styles. Nothing would make me happier than to have a free for all mode. I would play the squid out of this. xD

bluekentuckyboy

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
bluekentuckyboy
I love the concept of a free-for-all gamemode. It would be a nice distraction if you get tired of the normal 4v4 matches. I wouldn't see it becoming a big deal competitive wise, but more like the casual option in smash brothers. I don't see it happening, but it would be fun...and colorful no doubt!

Dragonite

Full Squid
NNID
JameSdEke
I don't know why free-for-all never even crossed my mind when going into major hypes over this game. It would be an amazing feature and I can picture people getting very competitive in that mode! Maybe it'll one day be part of a DLC bundle, free or paid.

would be such an awesome mode, I definitely think it could work with 8 players online, but 4 would be a safer option.. to avoid it getting too manic. I also think 4 colours across the map would be less confusing (Blue, yellow, red, green) than maybe 8 colours that might be a bit confusing with a few too similar. Colourblind people like me may struggle with the 8 colours!

CyberHyperPhoenix

Senior Squid
Moving around could be a literal mess with 8 different colors around the map, moving around could become an issue.
Well, maybe 8 couldn't work, but I could see 4 being interesting. While it wouldn't be too much of a top priority to see it, options are always good.
Well, you could just make everyone the same colour.
Maybe it could work something like that I guess?...

CyberHyperPhoenix

Senior Squid
How would you know who covered the most ground? Assuming that the free-for-all would be a turf war
Wait, turf war?

I was under the impression it was just a standard FFA mode.
If it is turf war, just make it so everyone is different colours.

Dragonite

Full Squid
NNID
JameSdEke
Wait, turf war?

I was under the impression it was just a standard FFA mode.
If it is turf war, just make it so everyone is different colours.
I was interpreting it as a turf war rather than by number of kills... or "Splats" as it may be called in this game. I guess either idea could work for either situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom