Free Tank of Ink

arny

Inkling
I believe this is true for every special weapon, but using one completely refills your ink tank. So, it can be very beneficial to use all of your ink before using a special move. I think it will be useful to throw a grenade or spray ink everywhere until your tank is empty, then use a special move and have it instantly filled up without going into squid form.

If there is any specials that don't do this, let me know. Just wanted to put this out there in case anyone didn't know, and I couldn't find any other posts on it.

OmegaDivider

Squid Sisters Fanboy
NNID
OmegaDivider
Very useful, but extremely situational.
The last thing I want to do in a firefight is use an inkstrike (the lastest thing I want to do is run out of ink in general!)

While it is useful, it isn't a replacement for smart ink management and it sometimes can be a waste and an inefficient use of a special, especially with the speed that some of them fill.

But yes, I have yet to notice one that does not refill ink.

arny

Inkling
Very useful, but extremely situational.
The last thing I want to do in a firefight is use an inkstrike (the lastest thing I want to do is run out of ink in general!)

While it is useful, it isn't a replacement for smart ink management and it sometimes can be a waste and an inefficient use of a special, especially with the speed that some of them fill.

But yes, I have yet to notice one that does not refill ink.
Yeah with ink strike I can see it being useless, but with grenade spam it works really well as you get an extra free grenade basically. Works well with Echolocator too.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
I have noticed it and it could work for some weapon strategies but as I usually have the Kraken or Inkstrike its not as useful. For the reasons above and because I never use my kraken until I see an enemy so there isnt time to run out the ink.

OmegaDivider

Squid Sisters Fanboy
NNID
OmegaDivider
Yeah with ink strike I can see it being useless, but with grenade spam it works really well as you get an extra free grenade basically. Works well with Echolocator too.
I don't know if I agree with sitting on the Locator until a battle.

This works great with the Inkzooka, Bombs Away, Bubbler etc, pretty much any ability meant to be used in combat but for things like the Echolocator and the Kraken, you're better off using them as soon as you get them (in the Locators case, depending on if your team is using one, of course) or to save your skin.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
Only time you want to sit on an Echo-locator is when you all 4 members of the opposing team are up, so that you can locate all 4. If they are dead, they won't be tracked. Anyways, this Ink refill thing is amazing when used with the Bubbler. Inkstrike as well, assuming you can land your shots with it.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Yeah, I've noticed this. I'm not sure why it happens but it's neat. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom