• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 From Splatling (or just long range) to Charger

ChaosChao

Senior Squid
NNID
ChaosChao
Switch Friend Code
SW-6158-1452-9029
So I normally run Heavy Splatling (Remix usually) and Jet Squelcher (Custom usually). Would it behoove me to learn a charger? How difficult is it to learn? To pivot from the weapons I use normally?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I mean, you can. Those three weapons are all ranged but have different roles on a team, and any charger will require more precision on account of having to make each shot count, whereas Jets and Splatlings can afford to lead shots a bit or be off the target for a half-second.

It's also worth noting that ink armor dominates the meta at this time, which has always been a headache for chargers. A charger shot will still damage and knock-back someone covered with ink armor, but unless they were already weakened they'll shrug it off and keep going.

I don't really have any solid advice advocating for or against chargers. Ever since launch opinions on whether chargers are on the rise or falling behind other weapon options have flip-flopped seemingly every month, so take that subject with a grain of salt.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Chargers, by design, cannot be effective on a team unless the enemy is feeding right into you. Weapons like Jet Squlchers and Splatlings can be more aggressive and push up when they need to. A charger cannot do this to anywhere near the same degree of these other long range weapons. The charger class as a whole is very inflexible when it comes to switching roles on the fly, and in a game like Splatoon where players should be constantly switching roles depending on the state of the game, that means that in most circumstances a Custom Jet Squelcher, Heavy Splatling, Explosher, or any number of other anchor weapons will be better on a team.

TLDR; You should learn charger if you want to be better at snapping to targets. You should not learn it if you want to improve your performance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom