Furrie

Jalapeño

Inkling
NNID
lirpawright
Switch Friend Code
SW-2597-7116-1023
I constantly see people talking about furries. With that being said, what in the crap is a furrie?!

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
I constantly see people talking about furries. With that being said, what in the crap is a furrie?!
Short Answer: Something that I'm sick of.

Real Answer: Basically it's where people make themselves these humanoid animal amalgamations as personas (or "fursonas" if you will) for the sake of.... Well I actually don't know why people do them. People always tell me that it's for more than just sexual things but uh... I can't think of anything else they'd be used for because I'm an ignorant sociopath with a coffee addiction (AND I LOVE IT). Basically, it's just people pretending to be animals that speak english and walk on their hind legs and have human features for the sake of something that apparently isn't sexual (but it really is in most cases). As of right now, it's just an annoying fad that grates on my nerves and makes me wonder why I spend so much time on the internet when there are times that I want to unplug the whole thing.

Arky_Lynx

Inkling
NNID
Arceale
Switch Friend Code
SW-7930-4097-5703
Basically a community of people who represent themselves as an anthropomorfic animal (even though the name may give some confusion, it's not necessary for said animal to have fur) online in various places. There are many sides to it, some weirder than others. And some people will just never shut up about it.

Even though I consider myself a furry, I will still say that the amount of furry drawings in the Square is getting absolutely ridiculous, but I bet it'll die down in a few days, as these things tend to do.

Jalapeño

Inkling
NNID
lirpawright
Switch Friend Code
SW-2597-7116-1023
This **** is deep.

Kimmorz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Kimmorz
As others have said, furries are anthropomorphic animals (think StarFox, Zootopia, etc). People will create original characters (OCs) of humanoid-animals, and fursonas, which is a representation of themselves, as an animal. Some people make/commission costumes (called fursuits) of said characters. They tend to get a lot of hate because there is a HUGE sexual connotation to them. It's more than just the sexual content than people associate it with, but the furry community does come off as "loud and proud" about that side of things, more so than other fandoms, so that's kind of what people know about it who aren't involved. It's mainly just a creative outlet for people, and allows people to be who they want to be or to express themselves in a different way.

Anyways, the whole explosion of furry art on Splatoon happened when someone posted in the Miiverse with some furry hate (something along the lines of "I hate furries/delete all furries" or something of the sorts). Then someone and their friends started to spread furry art (you may have seen the drawing of the dog with the flag "Draw more furries"- this is the one that started it), and it just kind of blew up. There's an article on Kotaku about it, if you want to read more about it.

kidsquid17

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Firefin
Switch Friend Code
SW-5267-5861-7211
what's wrong with it ? it's just basically cartoon animals it's funny and cute as long as it's not gross or inappropriate

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom