GameXplain amiibo unboxing

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Very neat! Thank you for sharing.

Probably my favourite amiibo so far, looks amazing. Can't wait to get my hands on them myself.
Honestly it does look great, but I think I prefer the Olimar amiibo right now. :P

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Now that reviewers have gotten their hands on them, any clarifications on the gear and weapon unlocks? I'm very, very worried about exclusive weapons.

MINUS

The Once and Future King
NNID
TRUEB7UE
Now that reviewers have gotten their hands on them, any clarifications on the gear and weapon unlocks? I'm very, very worried about exclusive weapons.
I thought it was only exclusive gear?

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Official Tumblr says weapons too.

My fear is that they'll 'only' be alternate versions of existing weapons with different sub and special loadouts, much like all the other reskins we've seen so far. That would actually be a big problem.

Citanul

Senior Squid
NNID
outforprophets
Official Tumblr says weapons too.

My fear is that they'll 'only' be alternate versions of existing weapons with different sub and special loadouts, much like all the other reskins we've seen so far. That would actually be a big problem.
That's a really good point. Even though I'm getting an amiibo, it sucks that viable (we'll see once we're live, I guess) options could be hidden behind hard to get figures. That just creates an uneven playfield.

I'd hate for competitive Splatoon to be about who has amiibos.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
Well we know that a charger and roller weapon will be unlocked by the boy and girl respectively so I don't those probably won't have loadouts that make them 100% better than all the rest. Maybe they wil be the best for those weapon lines, but probably by a slim margin. Who knows, they may be the worst >.<
do we know what weapon the squid unlocks?

bluekentuckyboy

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
bluekentuckyboy
I'm honestly just getting the amiibos for the looks. I already know I will love the game so it just feels naturally to get the amiibo with it lol.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I'd hate for competitive Splatoon to be about who has amiibos.
If they're not cosmetic then they'd have to be banned from comp, no questions asked. But of course comp won't exist until August, nothing we can do about random matches.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
If they're not cosmetic then they'd have to be banned from comp, no questions asked. But of course comp won't exist until August, nothing we can do about random matches.
I agree with this. Hopefully, they're only cosmetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom