Gear and abilitys

Paswalt

Inkling
Greetings!

I recently noticed how in-depth this game really is with the right use of ability chunks and stuff. The Problem is: I want to craft my own personal Armor set for my main weapons. But I'm so unsure what abilitys I should stack/use because one mistake and you have to scrap it. And as ability chunks aren't really cheap I first wanted to ask in this Forum. I often see Players in league who stacked 4x ability X in the helmet, 4x ability Y in their shoes and so on and they just stomp me. I also want to create a good set. I mainly use the Tentatek Splattershot as main weapon along with the hero Version (depends on the gamemode) and sometimes I also use rollers and blasters. Do you have any advice for some go-to abilities?

Cheers, Paswalt

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Ink Recovery, Swim Speed, and Special Charge Up are good on most every weapon so I'd start there, but it's all up to you of course. Oh, and welcome to Squidboards!

Paswalt

Inkling
Thanks for all the answers. Do you also have something particular for my main Weapons ( as stated above) in mind?

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I'd play a bunch and experiment with "normal" gear first, before committing your precious chunks and scrubbing cash. Different people have different styles, so you may need different abilities to shore up your weaknesses than others. For instance, I have a problem with running my weapons dry a lot, so I invest a lot in Ink Saver and Recovery, and I tend to push forward too aggressively, so Ink Resistance helps with that. More conservative players that hang out in their own ink and pounce on targets of opportunity benefit more from Swim Speed Up, and those who are deadly with the Inkjet can use Special Charge Up.

The mode and map also matter. Abilities that enhance swim speed and super jump are better on larger maps, especially on Tower Control and Rainmaker when you spend more time on the far side of the map (hopefully). Ink saving and run speed are more useful in Turf Wars; Last-Ditch Effort is especially valuable on small maps in Turf Wars, and Comeback is useful on small maps in all Ranked games. And so on. You shouldn't have one set that you use for everything.

I will add that for the Tentatek especially, I like Drop Roller. It's not a popular choice, but it frequently saves my bacon when someone tries to camp my Inkjet return point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom