• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Gear Set Questions

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
I never played Splatoon 1 so I've only been in this for a month and am recently starting to get into building gear sets for more competitive play. I usually play a splattershot pro or a firefin splatterscope. My current "all around" gear is basically a hodgepodge of ink saver mains, run speed, swim speed and special power up...

Since I never played the first game I never really knew a ton about what to try and do to create a better build so I bought all the gear in the gear shops regardless of the main it had so I have a bunch of gear that doesn't allow me to make pure sets. Since I can't buy them again is there a better way to get pure gear other than waiting to order something that has a main that corresponds to it's common ability? Also searching for other tips as to what to put on my gear. I just read that bomb defense up is a viable option. Any other tips for building gear sets I should know about as a newcomer to splatoon??

Otter Power

Full Squid
NNID
OtterGod
Gear you buy in the in-game shops are the same between everyone. So everybody's white kicks, for example, will always be swim speed up when bought from Shella Fresh. The exception is when you buy gear off Splatnet. On Splatnet, gear has random main abilities (within the confines of part-specific abilities -- hats won't get ninja squid for example), which is why you can see people with special saver white kicks for example.

An important thing to know about brands and gear is that, when bought from shops, brands never have gear whose main ability corresponds with their common ability roll. Krak-on has no swim speed gear, and Zekko will have no special saver gear. Once again, the exception is buying it off Splatnet, where you can indeed find gear like that. Ordering off Splatnet is instantaneous, but keep in mind you will ONLY be able to replace your gear by ordering a new one off splatnet, or buying it off someone else in the Plaza, which takes a day.

You don't have to worry about brands too bad when it comes to getting pures, because with enough SR grinding or gear scrubbing, you can eventually get enough chunks to slot in abilities yourself. Or course, it's still always great to have a favourable brand since it will save you plenty of time and money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom