Gear Showcase and Analysis

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Gear and abilities are a major focus in this game but not everyone knows which abilities work best for each set, honestly it's trail and error
HOWEVER, I decided to post this thread to share some of my cool gear sets as well as help give tips on which tools work best for your gear sets as well.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Dear players, feel free to give advice about your gear sets/ abilities as well with that being said

Paisly Bandanna: :ability_inksaversub: :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:clothes_tly005:: :ability_runspeed: :ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:

:shoes_shi005:: :ability_inkresistance: :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

Advice: This is a ridiculous set honestly I don't know how I got this. This is a great set for close range tools, n-zaps, sploosh / splash o'matics, and even squiffers (and occasionally splat chargers) can benefit the most from this.
This set allows you to swim up quickly to the front lines and quickly swim out of dangerous situations. Run speed up however is great for out flanking shooters, overwhelming impatient chargers and outrunning rollers not using any run speed up.The other abilities ink resistance up allows you to not be splatted by standing in enemy ink gives the chance to get away or to cover over enemy territory. While sub saver though not very useful allows you to use a bomb or
This is honestly a stealth and attack based set, rely on good coverage to take the most advantage of it abilities, however due to having no attack or defense up you have to rely on outmaunvering and reading opponents movements to get splats.

Anyways this is one of my sets in action feel free to share yours in the comments below

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
Here's one I use as Carbon Roller
:head_cap006::ability_swimspeed::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:
Squidstar Waistcoat :ability_coldblooded::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:shoes_shi005::ability_inkresistance::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

Basically, I'm in a point today I can't run less than 6 swim speed subs, the speed just don't click for me. Cold-blood to be hidden without losing speed and Ink Resistance to avoid that "yuck" animation lasting too long messing a kill or escaping. 3 subweapon subs, sometimes fraction of seconds can save your live using burst bomb.

I'm open to suggestions, of course! :)

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
Here's the one I use with the Splattershot Jr. and the Splattershot/Hero Shot:

:head_amb000::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_inkrecovery:
Krak-on Jacket(?) :ability_runspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_inkrecovery:
:shoes_sht000::ability_bombrange::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inksavermain::ability_inkrecovery:

I got my hands on this set purely out of luck. The hairclip and jacket just so happened to end up sharing all 3 of their subs, with 2 of those complimenting the main ability of the headgear and clothing (Not too mention looking hella fresh togheter in the process!).

Both speed up boosts allow me to get to the frontlines quickly and try to outmaneuver enemies, not to mention improving the already solid walk speed while shooting of both the Jr. and the Hero Shot; Ink Recovery Up allows me to get back at peak capacity quicker; and Bomb Range Up allows me to harrass enemies from a greater distance with Splat Bombs and Burst Bombs, not to mention make it easier for me to reach perchs and persuade snipers to get outta there.

That single Ink Saver Main is the only off part about this set, but trying to optimize for just one sub ability is honestly not worth the hassle.

Last edited:

AlsoDededork649

Pro Squid
NNID
DARandall4711

Lucky roll on this. No rerolls or orders.

Was an order. My luck is great m8.

FIRST ROLL! My luck is better than your. Only order on this was the first slot.

This is my SSU gear I always use offensively on Rainmaker. Was a really good roll. I use it with weapons like the Jr, Splash-O-Matic, and Slosher.

I also have this set I use with Splat Bombs

Don't use any specific shoes however...
I want to get a pair of shoes with 1 Ink Saver Sub main and one Ink Saver Sub sub. Then I will be perfect.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233

Don't use any specific shoes however...
I want to get a pair of shoes with 1 Ink Saver Sub main and one Ink Saver Sub sub. Then I will be perfect.[/QUOTE]

That is a great set to use with spalsh walls type weapon since it will allow you to still be able to shoot (also splash wall will stall you ink recovery at first)
However if you are not using spalsh walls I would recommend going for tentatek gear (high rate of 3x ink recovery up) more specifically the
soccer headband :ability_tenacity: :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
which can usually guarentee this if you can get the 3x

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
:confused: Didn't see that, sorry
Anyways yeah I would recommend ink recovery up with a few (1 to 2 subs of ink saver sub or 1 main) of ink saver sub then, ink recovery honestly is just a more preferable ability overall

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425

Weaknesses:

*You have to rely on 1-2 Good rolls on brands like cuttle gear and Kog to obtain. 1-2 Pures also is another route to obtaining this set.

*You have to be on point with aim and know when to back off. With no ink abilities even with good awareness a player will find themselves running out of ink.

Strenghts:

*Great mobility. Combined with a range that beats tentateks range and lower, the mobility allows you to be a terrifying force on the field if you use the abilities and weapons potential to the max. The L3D is probaly one of the fastest Kraken getters in the game; thus having swim speed can make this special even deadlier.

*More consitent kills. Compared to L-3D sets that run less damage up than above, having approx two damage up mains allows you to deal 90+ damage on most inklings when including defense up. Also a direct hit with burst bomb and 1 bullet from Nozzle will kill a defenseless inkling.

I dont have a capture card but here is another nozzle user with similar ability build showing the benifits.

Brunosky_Inc

NNID
Brunosky_Inc

Weaknesses:

*You have to rely on 1-2 Good rolls on brands like cuttle gear and Kog to obtain. 1-2 Pures also is another route to obtaining this set.

*You have to be on point with aim and know when to back off. With no ink abilities even with good awareness a player will find themselves running out of ink.

Strenghts:

*Great mobility. Combined with a range that beats tentateks range and lower, the mobility allows you to be a terrifying force on the field if you use the abilities and weapons potential to the max. The L3D is probaly one of the fastest Kraken getters in the game; thus having swim speed can make this special even deadlier.

*More consitent kills. Compared to L-3D sets that run less damage up than above, having approx two damage up mains allows you to deal 90+ damage on most inklings when including defense up. Also a direct hit with burst bomb and 1 bullet from Nozzle will kill a defenseless inkling.

I dont have a capture card but here is another nozzle user with similar ability build showing the benifits.
Good call on the Ink Resistance, considering that weapon's rather lackluster coverage. Still, I can see that hurting mobility despite the speed improvements. Is it as much of a problem as I think it is?

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Good call on the Ink Resistance, considering that weapon's rather lackluster coverage. Still, I can see that hurting mobility despite the speed improvements. Is it as much of a problem as I think it is?
The lackluster coverage I dont think is really an issue anymore at least when I played it. A good while back it got an ink coverage boost in a patch and the burst bomb spread in the most recent patch helps alot. Theres a part in the long video where the player bursts at his feet in then shoots to the right of him which gave him great room to move if he needed while he observed the situation. I will have to play Nozzle in situations where i have little to no turf and observe more carfully. But in my last play sessions turfing wasnt an issue especially due to burst bombs.

Brunosky_Inc

NNID
Brunosky_Inc
The lackluster coverage I dont think is really an issue anymore at least when I played it. A good while back it got an ink coverage boost in a patch and the burst bomb spread in the most recent patch helps alot. Theres a part in the long video where the player bursts at his feet in then shoots to the right of him which gave him great room to move if he needed while he observed the situation. I will have to play Nozzle in situations where i have little to no turf and observe more carfully. But in my last play sessions turfing wasnt an issue especially due to burst bombs.
I see. I prefer more reliable coverage myself, but I can see how this works out.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
This is my L-3 Nozzlehose D set

:head_ncp003: :ability_tenacity: :ability_defenseup::ability_comeback::ability_defenseup:

Reggae Tee :ability_specialsaver: :ability_quickrespawn::ability_bombrange::ability_defenseup:
:shoes_sht005: :ability_specialcharge: :ability_bombrange::ability_inkrecovery::ability_bombrange:

Yeah it's a little weird but the 3 defense up allows me to stay in the game longer against enemies, while the quick respawn allows me to get back into the game quickly, the 3 bomb range help improve the slight buff to the burst bomb medium and far damage, ink recovery allow me to still do a double bomb into a burst shot to get KO in rainmaker, and my mains work on keep my special and charging it up as quickly as possible to get kraken

Brunosky_Inc

NNID
Brunosky_Inc
This is my L-3 Nozzlehose D set

:head_ncp003: :ability_tenacity: :ability_defenseup::ability_comeback::ability_defenseup:

Reggae Tee :ability_specialsaver: :ability_quickrespawn::ability_bombrange::ability_defenseup:
:shoes_sht005: :ability_specialcharge: :ability_bombrange::ability_inkrecovery::ability_bombrange:

Yeah it's a little weird but the 3 defense up allows me to stay in the game longer against enemies, while the quick respawn allows me to get back into the game quickly, the 3 bomb range help improve the slight buff to the burst bomb medium and far damage, ink recovery allow me to still do a double bomb into a burst shot to get KO in rainmaker, and my mains work on keep my special and charging it up as quickly as possible to get kraken
I'm not sure about that. I don't feel that combining the survival-focused :ability_defenseup: with abilities meant to work when said survival fails makes for good ability synergy. I would take one or the other if I was in your shoes.

This is more of a personal opinion, but I don't really like :ability_specialsaver:, :ability_quickrespawn:, and other abilities along those lines. I don't like having abilities that are only useful when I fall.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Yeah I know this isn't the best set but over time this set has become just my favorite set, I hardly ever lose while playing this set in ranked and although I do have a set somewhat similar to the Blue24 has (which will definitely have to try out).

Honestly though my first time using this set I went into a spat zones in Hammerhead bridge with this set and even though it became a 3 vs 4 my team went from 100 to 19 in overtime and won with me as the top player, so like I said this a set I stuck with simply for the dumb luck I get while wearing it

Brunosky_Inc

NNID
Brunosky_Inc
I know that feel. Sometimes when goofing off I've used a :ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_stealthjump: set, and for some reason I've pulled some amazing matches using that thing, sometimes without ever getting splatted. Can't explain that as anything other than pure dumb luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom