Getting Score After the Buzzer

Sheikashii

Senior Squid
NNID
OreoCookieJAF
What do you think is the best way to get free Ps after the match has ended?

Something I've been doing is right before the numbers reach 1 I shoot an ink strike somewhere on the map and it seems to count near the end.

There are other ways to do this as well like finding a straight away and laying down a seeker.
That's all I could think of. There's also a high probability that a team with all inkstrikes will be able to make a comeback in a time where the other team cant do anything about it.

Any thoughts? Are you going to be doing this?
small chance you've seen this. Mami has been doing this online in turfwar

khaaan

Inkling
Hmm. I've seen Inkstrikes happen at the last second but I wonder, do they contribute towards the grand total? I've never bothered to look at the results to see if post timer buzz inking adds anything.

Seeker might work but I think a better alternative would be a suction bomb rush, in both cases though you're still limited because the only thing that adds ink is going to be the one bomb you threw right at the whistle. You also have to be in a spot with enough enemy ink around you for it to be a viable strategy and you're going to be vulnerable right until the timer runs out, Inkstrike at least allows you to retreat to a safe distance. I don't employ these strategies since I'm running with N-Zap which has echo-locator as its special. An entire team launching Inkstrikes at the last second sounds like it could do a lot of damage though.

Sheikashii

Senior Squid
NNID
OreoCookieJAF
Hmm. I've seen Inkstrikes happen at the last second but I wonder, do they contribute towards the grand total? I've never bothered to look at the results to see if post timer buzz inking adds anything.

Seeker might work but I think a better alternative would be a suction bomb rush, in both cases though you're still limited because the only thing that adds ink is going to be the one bomb you threw right at the whistle. You also have to be in a spot with enough enemy ink around you for it to be a viable strategy and you're going to be vulnerable right until the timer runs out, Inkstrike at least allows you to retreat to a safe distance. I don't employ these strategies since I'm running with N-Zap which has echo-locator as its special. An entire team launching Inkstrikes at the last second sounds like it could do a lot of damage though.

I'm about 90% sure it adds to the final grand total. Since I started doing this the score has improved. I really want to try the ink strike team sometime. You should give this a try, it's quite fun actually

Alecat

Full Squid
NNID
alecatmew
Yep, if you notice a delay happening between the end of the game buzzer and the score screen coming up, that's all the stuff resolving. You can also watch the gamepad to see your actions take effect.

Note sprinklers disappear immediately when the game ends, (since otherwise they're indefinite and would cause the end thing to hang.)

Chiro

Inkster Jr.
If you throw a inkstrike in the last 1 second, it still adds.

If you manage to throw it on the enemy's base it can even make your team win.

Personally my favorite is Inkstrike. :3

luigisly

Full Squid
I remember doing some calculations on this in the earlier days since the inkstrike for sure counts. It was on mall and the ending inkstrike ended up getting about 70 more points for the team which on that map is 3-4%, which is a 6%-8% swing in points that they can't do anything about. This percentage can be upped as well with a few special duration ups to maybe 5%. Haven't done any testing on that, just a guess. A 10% swing in the last second would be huge if there was that big of a spot of enemy ink to cover.

Inkoishi

The Closed Eyes of Love
NNID
DokiDokiKoishi
I've seen my fair share of Inkstrike wins, haha. Used to think it was cheap but not so much anymore since if you do pull it out at the end you gotta think fast.

Alecat

Full Squid
NNID
alecatmew
Note: Special duration up doesn't increase the duration or range of inkstrike, just the amount of time you're given to decide where to launch it.

Sheikashii

Senior Squid
NNID
OreoCookieJAF
I'm seeing a lot more ashing in the past few days haha. People are using my own moves against me xP. I've been using 3 special charge ups when in regular battle. Keep an eye out for me if you see it happen. I'm usually NlNTENDO, Mami or Sheikashii.

Now that I think about it, the inkstrike really is the best way to do it.

EpicB13

Inkster Jr.
NNID
EpicB13
It's funny because I just had the ink strike scenario happen to me 3 times in a row. Of course I lost all 3 matches.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
Lol I was in a group with my friends and 2 games in a row the inkstrike got them the victory xD.
The inkstrike isn't amazing in regular matches because you can shoot into it to start reclaiming your territory. But at the end when you can't contest it, it's just plain hilarious because it's so ridiculous x)
I personally throw my suction bombs at the last second and no joke it has gotten me some victories (winning by 0.2% and such like that)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom