Ghetto Gear

DavAndrus

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Dorkdav
I made this video because I think people focus too much on triples when it comes to sub abilities. My system for gear is simple, pick an outfit with the main abilities you want. Then pick 3-4 sub abilities that are going to be useful for what you are using the outfit for. Then roll each piece of gear until you get any combination of those subs and move on to the next piece of gear, repeat until done. Doesn't use nearly as many snails as rolling for triples, so if you don't want to save scum you may want to consider trying this. Here's how my latest set came out.

Ghetto Gear 02 take 7 Screenshot 2016-02-26 00-31-49.png

Here's my video about it.

I'm curious what other people think about this, so let me know. Thanks for reading/watching.

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
This does work. The issue comes from wanting to switch out gear. This is why getting triples is a must for some.

It allows them more freedom when making sets.

DavAndrus

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Dorkdav
This does work. The issue comes from wanting to switch out gear. This is why getting triples is a must for some.

It allows them more freedom when making sets.
That is the downside. But if you don't plan on savescumming getting triples on some gear is unrealistic, especially on gear that you can't order.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
No one should ever feel bad about save-scumming. Real gambling is inane enough, virtual gambling is just a waste of time if you get nothing out of it.

DavAndrus

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Dorkdav
No one should ever feel bad about save-scumming. Real gambling is inane enough, virtual gambling is just a waste of time if you get nothing out of it.
If people want to savescum that's fine. But from my perceptive you're spending hours in front of a spiky hair slot machine instead of playing the game. The chance of getting a triple on a neutral brand is 1 in 2,197, that's a lot of reloading.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
STILL better odds than the rare drops people grind for on a billion mmos out there. The odds are low but not abysmally so. Besides, money just piles up after a certain point in this game, so it's just as well.

"spiky hair slot machine" made me chuckle, I'll have to remember that one!

DavAndrus

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Dorkdav
STILL better odds than the rare drops people grind for on a billion mmos out there. The odds are low but not abysmally so. Besides, money just piles up after a certain point in this game, so it's just as well.

"spiky hair slot machine" made me chuckle, I'll have to remember that one!
The thing with MMOs is that your gear and acquired wealth is part of your character's status and power. Splatoon is a competitive shooter, ultimately it's your skill at the game that determines your success, so I don't see why they made this huge barrier to keep players from the gear they want. Having a gold sink is great but I think they went over board with this.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
This would work fine, but 1) You couldn't really change gear as well and 2) imo it looks more neat to have triples

Usually when I save scum, I just do it while browsing squid boards or watching youtube, so it isn't as boring

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom