Given how hard it is to find Amiibos would you be willing to buy the amiibo missions for a lower pri

NNID
superalice256
I don't see Nintendo making a ton of Splatoon amiibos given their track record. Since we know amiibos unlock challenge missions would anyone be willing to pay for those challenges only? How much if any amount do you think they should cost?

RacattackForce

Inkster Jr.
NNID
RacattackForce
Considering that I have no idea how I'll be able to get an Amiibo at launch without getting up early and waiting in line at a Midtown Best Buy...yeah, I'd totally pick the missions up solo. Not sure how much each mission pack should cost, though. Gut says anything from $5 to $8 seems reasonable.

Fate

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Fate684
I would like to see the content be available in some other way unless they do turn out to be common and Nintendo makes the squid available in all regions seperate from the 3 pack. I'm not too interested in the missions myself as I'm expecting to focus more on multi player than single player, although that could end up changing, but I am interested in the unlocks so I can use them online. I've been trying for a fairly long time to get the 3 pack but keep missing it when available so I'm currently preordering the Inkling Girl so at worst I'll at least have her things. It would be nice to have some way of getting the rest of the content and without having to repay for the Inkling Girl if I can't find a 3 pack prior to release but find one after.

For price, it's hard to say without knowing the length of time the content will last and what the unlocks are like, but I think around $7-8 would likely be fair per amiibo's content. An alternative would be to sell content more specifically, like say $0.25 per mission and maybe $1-2 per mini game.

Ryuho

Pro Squid
NNID
FurryRyuho
I honestly think they should do that anyway regardless. Have the figures be for those who want them and they give the content as a bonus while people who just want the content can just buy it. I think that works better for the general purpose of them and the usual arguments for them. They are a cool figure that get you possiblebonus stuff in multiple games, meanwhile other people can just get the content separately if they want it.
As for price. Costumes usually average around $1 tmk so $3 for the costumes. There's 20 missions each amiibo iirc. Since I dont know the average length of each mission I will go with what I have seen so far and say mission packs would be good for around $3 to $4 for each set of missions.
There could be a bundle for $10 to $12 as well for those who want all of it

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
Miyamoto mentioned a while ago that it's likely that amiibo would be re-released later in card form. That way you can still tap in and get the features without having to deal with a whole figure.

Kayeka

Pro Squid
NNID
Kayeka
Eh, I guess. I'm one of those weirdos that likes having a single-player mode available, if only to have a safe playground in which to experiment with the controls.

I'd actually like to have the Amiibos, though. Already got the squid locked in, so here's hoping for the other two.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
No, I wouldn't. I find the whole point of them being the figures, not the actual content. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom