• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SpadeASF

Inkling
NNID
GLACYBACKUP
So, Global SplatFest?
Or all Japanese SplatFest?

As you all know, the current SplatFest (Team fancy vs Team costume) is Global. Meaning all players from different parts of the world can meet up and battle during SplatFest... But honestly...

WHATS THE POINT OF IT?

We already know how bad it is to play ranked at any time of the day, so what more if we have a GLOBAL SPLATFEST? Its such a ridiculous idea in my opinion, if your gonna make it global then make it GLOBAL NOT ALL JAPANESE. Every single match I play, its always only me, the one who always has over 3 deaths. Constant lag and constant disconnects, it ruins SplatFest for me. This is my ONLY break I ever get in Splatoon, and its ruined by having it global. I know that some of you may disagree with me, and I respect your opinion.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
if your gonna make it global then make it GLOBAL NOT ALL JAPANESE.
The thing is that nintendo can't help it that the japanese player base far outweighs all the american, european and oceanic players. But i do agree that the splatfest should remain regional. I never had a problem playing against japanese players and i still don't. The matches always go smoothly and there's never a disconnect for me aside from maybe one or two every month or so. There's definitely a charm to them being regional. Also i don't why, but the servers completely crashed 4 hours in to the splatfest. No one was able to go online for like 4 hours and that may have to do with the fact that splatfest brings in a lot more players than the usual daily amount and witht this one being global, i guess they weren't prepared for it. They're fixed now so that's definitely a relief, but i hope it doesn't happen again 'cause that was just annoying. Anyways my answer for the poll is just that i'm not sure. It could be fun, but i know a lot of people have problems playing with japanese players.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It would appear that Splatoon hasn't as much staying power overseas as it does in Japan. That's probably why they decided to go with a global Splatfest to begin with, to increase the playerbase a bit and minimize the possibility of never finding a match.

With how things turned out, however, I think it's in their best interest to put that idea aside for a while. Not that I expect the servers to go kaput every single time, but an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, so they say.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I hate every splatfest equally. I'm a equal opportunity splatfest hater.

Bloop

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2151-0062-7941
Truthfully, I find the Japanese players a little more tolerable to play with then most.
Global splatfests spices up the game more since there are more players on at the same time which means more skilled players on both sides making the results a lot less predictable. Although I kinda liked regional splatfests since it produced charming themes for every region, and some of the regional themes are dictated depending on the culture. It's kinda hard to do a global about your favorite ramen brand or American cartoon character.
Hopefully global splatfests happen once every 6-months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom