Glooga Appreciation thread

vvorm

Inkling
glooga as a main wep i think is right where it needs to be, it feel much more consistent now compared to launch.
i would love to see it get fizzy back, and then a more supportive special like bubble or vac (or tact 👀)
i also really love the way they look :3

Crim*S

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1031-3980-5244
glooga as a main wep i think is right where it needs to be, it feel much more consistent now compared to launch.
i would love to see it get fizzy back, and then a more supportive special like bubble or vac (or tact 👀)
i also really love the way they look :3
Yeah, I've been loving where it is a main weapon right now. The dmg falloff buff really helps it be more consistent at it's max range and it's been a lifesaver frankly, fizzy would be sick to have back! I can see bubble, vac or tact working for it? Bubble would honestly go hard

ThatsSo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThatsSo
I have trouble caring about an alt kit when I like the current one so much but honestly yeah Gloogas are sick

Hazl_

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5397-0372-4418
I think Gloogas are in a pretty good spot right now, they feel quite strong playing them in my opinion. I feel like for a second kit probably fizzy with either ink jet or kraken. that would work pretty well i think.

The most recent Glooga buff made them feel much better to play, very much happy with the state it's in rn.
I'd be sad if it didn't get Fizzy again, would love to see Jet or Cooler on it too. Base kit is absolutely great so I won't complain much if its next kit is a bit lacking.

blu_aaa

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2473-2014-2344
I've started using them ever since it got the falloff damage buff, and it was the most fun I ever had with a weapon (well behind stamper, but glooga is my second favorite weapon :p). As for a second kit, I don't rlly mind what we get since the first kit is already prefect, but a good alternative imo would be fizzy with inkjet/kraken

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
gloogas are absolutely my favorite main weapon at the moment i loooove them so much

its current kit is a little boring to me personally (idk why but booyah bomb never really clicks with me when i play any weapons that have it) so i'm really looking forward to what its second kit might be. obviously fizzy bomb is what everyone wants and they're all correct, though i wouldn't mind suction bomb either i think. as long as it doesn't get inkmine back, i never played s2 but that sounds miserable to work with

Axiom2477

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7905-4299-8776
Where are my fellow Glooga players at? Tell me what your ideal Glooga deco kit is, some of your favorite things about Glooga or how you feel about the weapon right now in the current state of the gameView attachment 8408
It's actually much better than people think it is right now. With recent area cup results and people in NA like Angel winning weeklies with it I think it deserves to be seen more. It benefits greatly from cooler and pencil and can deal with short range shooters extremely well.
More people should be picking up at high level (I would but nobody wants to play with it in NA lmao and I haven't been on a team in a while)
It's super strong in zones but it struggles in the other modes
Thats where a second kit would help it so much.
Having a bomb like fizzy to help it paint and poke as well as basically any decent special (inkjet, zooka, crab, for aggro and maybe cooler or bubble as a supportive option) would improve its viability in other modes so much.
Anyway that's enough of a glooga rant.
Hopefully I find a team and we get a new kit soon

Thoughts on Torp over Fizzy? Was theorycrafting with someone and they mentioned Torp + Chumps to focus on chip and cover. I'd prefer Fizzy still but I think there'd be worse options for it to get.

Crim*S

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1031-3980-5244
Thoughts on Torp over Fizzy? Was theorycrafting with someone and they mentioned Torp + Chumps to focus on chip and cover. I'd prefer Fizzy still but I think there'd be worse options for it to get.

Torp is something I've been thinking about for Glooga Deco for awhile now and honestly I think Torp would be amazing on Glooga. The chip, info and rolled torps nice combo dmg would make it a really nice sub; also would help with initiating fights since enemies have to worry about the torp that's found them and then Glooga rolling at them. Torp/Chumps would honestly be a really nice kit and would give Glooga really nice paint + chip dmg

Torp would also be really nice for clearing ledges since that's one of the downsides of the current kit

Torp is something I've been thinking about for Glooga Deco for awhile now and honestly I think Torp would be amazing on Glooga. The chip, info and rolled torps nice combo dmg would make it a really nice sub; also would help with initiating fights since enemies have to worry about the torp that's found them and then Glooga rolling at them. Torp/Chumps would honestly be a really nice kit and would give Glooga really nice paint + chip dmg

Torp would also be really nice for clearing ledges since that's one of the downsides of the current kit
Definitely have sold me on Torp more. I appreciate the thoughts on it!

Crim*S

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1031-3980-5244
It's actually much better than people think it is right now. With recent area cup results and people in NA like Angel winning weeklies with it I think it deserves to be seen more. It benefits greatly from cooler and pencil and can deal with short range shooters extremely well.
More people should be picking up at high level (I would but nobody wants to play with it in NA lmao and I haven't been on a team in a while)
It's super strong in zones but it struggles in the other modes
Thats where a second kit would help it so much.
Having a bomb like fizzy to help it paint and poke as well as basically any decent special (inkjet, zooka, crab, for aggro and maybe cooler or bubble as a supportive option) would improve its viability in other modes so much.
Anyway that's enough of a glooga rant.
Hopefully I find a team and we get a new kit soon
I've gone back to maining it recently and I agree with literally every you said here. Watching the area cup vod was really enlightening seeing how well they used wall into single roll setups + using spread fire to paint and initiate some of their fights, for modes I would say it also feels really strong in Tower as well and doesn't feel too bad in clam blitz most of the time. The only mode where I really think Vglooga like hella struggles on in this game is rainmaker.
Fizzy is the obvious go to but I would also be down for torp, marker or even mist on it

Crim*S

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1031-3980-5244
I'm also thinking about finally writing a Glooga guide and posting it here. Do y'all have any suggestions on stuff I should cover? I'm definitely gonna go over basics like builds, generally how to play it and best maps/modes but I'm wondering if there's any specific that would be really helpful

HugeBirden

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2227-7329-7502
Where are my fellow Glooga players at? Tell me what your ideal Glooga deco kit is, some of your favorite things about Glooga or how you feel about the weapon right now in the current state of the gameView attachment 8408
even though i hate stamp i would love auto/splatbomb plus ultra stamp or any other aggro special besides slider/splashdown would make me happy

HugeBirden

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2227-7329-7502
i really just want something aggro with a bomb so it doesnt struggle as much in lockout cause i always seem to struggle on defense

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom