Glooga Appreciation thread

I'm also thinking about finally writing a Glooga guide and posting it here. Do y'all have any suggestions on stuff I should cover? I'm definitely gonna go over basics like builds, generally how to play it and best maps/modes but I'm wondering if there's any specific that would be really helpful
What about when it's best to use/not use wall on the current kit? I feel like I use it a bit excessively, and I know many players find themselves barely using it. Finding a good medium would be helpful.

insomneea

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6985-7816-4672
GOOGA my beloved
my dream kit is fizzy (obviously) + inkjet, though kraken is a close second, anything that lets it continue its aggressive momentum is great :3

The most impactful buff i think it could get is on its shot velocity, but idk if I'd want that since slow shot velocity is meant to be a main weakness of the gal series & part of the weapons identity.

The ideal buff I'd say would be speeding up the dodge roll or reducing its endlag so glooga can be stronger at fighting w/o a wall and w/o ink armor :P

Axiom2477

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7905-4299-8776
I'm also thinking about finally writing a Glooga guide and posting it here. Do y'all have any suggestions on stuff I should cover? I'm definitely gonna go over basics like builds, generally how to play it and best maps/modes but I'm wondering if there's any specific that would be really helpful
I'd love to collab and I think angel would also like to

ruccsacc

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1299-9210-6035
i really dig gloogas as a main but the current kit, while good, is a bit too much "sit down and hold your ground", not really my style (which is why i dread a kit with bubbler), instead i would ADORE fizzy/inkjet

Sams

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4757-2970-4691
FIZZY INKJET

The weapon honestly feels great right now, however it could be better. The accuracy is iffy at times and the paint is AWFUL. The current kit is amazing for the weapon and is very solid, however unlike k52 in s2, it doesn't get nearly as many booyah bombs, is less mobile, and is overall just a weaker main weapon.

I honestly think a paint buff in standing fire only would help the weapon a lot, so it'll be somewhat similar to squeezer, having to choose between fighting and painting.

An ink efficiency buff would also be very nice, although not needed, it would free up a main ability spot that would be used for main saver

Meduza

Inkling
This would be awesome to see! I've been one-tricking the weapon since Sizzle season last year, but I'm always looking to those with more experience so I can improve.
That said, while Gloogas have a great vanilla kit, I think something it struggles with is approaching fights since its paint and movement capabilities are slow and clunky compared to other dualies or aggressive weapons. So maybe some advice for how to tackle this weakness could be a point to consider? Ex., how to safely engage, points on maps that are good/not good for Gloogas to position in, weapon matchups you can win against, etc.

(Also my dream Deco kit is Fizzy/Kraken. I see a lot of love for Fizzies in the replies, but Kraken on top of that would be so much fun)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom