Splatoon 2 Glooga Dualies viablity

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
I've tried out the dualies since their launch date and personally, they're not a favorite of mine. So i'm curious about the general opinion on them and how they compare to the other dualies.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
General opinion here and elsewhere seems to be "pass" and pick up a gal series.

It's expectedly the slowest of dualies in both shooting and rolling, yet the end lag of a roll makes you immensely vulnerable compared to other dualies. The RNG is worst then any gal weapon. And unless you roll for the two-shot you have to tag someone three or four times normally which can be risky due to its slow fire rate and rng. And finally not a lot of people are liking its kit with the overall usefulness of ink mines and nerfs to the inkjet.

That's the rundown of what I know thus far.

Mawnster

Inkling
NNID
Mawnstor
Switch Friend Code
SW-3511-3254-1051
Its ttk is just so damn long. If you play dualies you either take dapple to melt people up close, squelchers for turfing/backlining, or enperries for jet spam. The niche the gloogas wanna fill are already fulfilled by other shooter weapons.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Ansible and Mawnster put it well. There's really no reason to use these over anything else. Even the dodge rolls, the only reason I've heard anyone defend the Gloogas, are a liability due to being unable to move for so long. Use the Splattershot, or the N-Zap, or the .52, or any other dualies. They all have more to offer than this weapon, sadly.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Yeah, the problem also being is that why the ttk is so long because it's highly inaccurate until you roll, as you'll essentially fire through two cursors when you're unrolled.

It's weak set doesn't help it either. But it wouldn't surprise me if this is a weapon that'll get buffed in the future, so don't lose hope yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom