• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Going for a "drown"

Do you like to drown or swim?

• Total voters

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Ink is soluble. Inklings are 100% composed of ink, they have no solid parts. Therefore, they dissolve when exposed to water.
I have a head canon that this only kills inklings in turf war, and if you have strong control over your kid form you do just fine around water. If you don't(or haven't gotten it or are currently a squid), then the water gets to the ink.
Thanks I did not know that. Though normally on video games, If fish/squids belong in water they could swim. though with sonic the hedgehog... he drowns , he doesn't actually BELONG in water but hedgehogs Can somewhat swim in real life. Are we Squid's or Squid people?
Nintendo/Sega logic. And I'm a squid kid.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
I can swim better than these Squids! its like the water is toxic to them. :)

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I love what happens when some people play this stage on tower control, and rainmaker and you are winning, a the other team tries to beat your distance and falls into the water, and its REALLY funny when you use a kracken, and still fall of because the kracken is too big for the tower.:)
Always a joy when you're the one that makes them take a drink.

Not so much when they do it to you, e.g. your flying kraken taking an inkzooka-rainmaker teamup to the face while in midair then nosediving through the grates. TWICE!!

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Who wouldn't think that's Humorous? Then they make the drowning noise, when I see one person drown through a net, I have to join and say booyah!
Me too, I always laugh, and if I fall in myself and it's particularly embarrassing I throw in a "nice" in the hope that someone else enjoyed it too.

Mystrite

Full Squid
NNID
toffee_too_too
Howcome they don't even attempt to swim before drowning? this game is so backwards, the squids can breathe air, walk on land, ALSO "Squid" on land.... I just noticed they can only swim in ink!!! OMG! why cant the water be ink? that would really be cool... Ink water..... weird, but I'd like that.:)
They do attempt it. But fail - watch closely. They try to float - ya know 'stranded in the ocean floating tactics'

Mystrite

Full Squid
NNID
toffee_too_too
Its funny when you make someone jump into the abyss/water. Its happened a few times on Arowana and Moray. On Moray it was RM and I jumped down to splat the Rainmaker but they splatted me - then jumped off the map. I did my job.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
well, that's not the only stage that I drown on, I drown on arowana mall, camp triggerfish, and Bluefin depot, mostly on tower control.

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
I thought I remembered in the single player, learning that the inklings just don't know how to swim. They're not made completely of ink. I thought I remembered Capt. Cuttlefish saying that they just didn't learn how; I have watched when my poor inkling drowns that she is struggling to stay afloat but ends up ultimately drowning because she doesn't know how to swim (sounds like someone else I know). Anyway, enough of what I've been talking about with that...stages I seem to drown on are Triggerfish and Bridge (doesn't matter which mode either).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom