Good gear pieces for .52 Gal?

_Ness10_

Inkling
NNID
Scottiscool
I've been starting to use the .52 Gal more. I already use the .96 Gal Deco, its my main weapon. So are there any suggestions for gear?

boredguy108

Semi-Pro Squid
I don't main the .52 gal, but I would imagine you would want Ink Saver (Main or Sub) and Ink Recovery to help with Managing your ink. I also think you want a little bit of damage up, as .52 Gal can change to a three hit kill if the enemy uses Defense up.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
You're gonna wanna get yourself at least one Damage Up main to bring down the ttk to 2 shots instead of 3. As well, since it's a close/mid-range weapon, Run Speed would work fabulously with it. Ink Recovery and Ink Saver main is optional, but those would work well with it too.

buttfield

Full Squid
Damage Up is the "big one" because of the prevalence of Defense Up as standard fare and as a dedicated .52 counter. That same effect carries to the Splash Wall's enemy damage to some extent (while not a constant presence, a .52 shot and a frame of Wall contact kills without Defense Up), and increases the killing power of both versions' specials.

As far as numbers on that, though, 2 main/4 sub or 3 main/1 sub is enough to keep 2HKO against nothing but Defense Ups.

Other useful abilities include Defense Up (for obvious reasons), Saver Sub (improves sustainability after Wall and especially Seeker use), and Tenacity (a faster charge without suffering from the .52's poor coverage).

As far as particular gear recommendations:
Any of the neutral-brand Damage Up items (Legendary Cap, Samurai Helmet, SQUID GIRL Tunic)
Bubble Rain Boots (Shoes, Damage Up, Inkline)
Armor Replica Helmet (Head, Tenacity, Cuttlegear)
Power Mask (Head, Defense Up, amiibo)
Black 8-bit Fishfry/Carnivore Tee (Clothes, Defense Up, Firefin)
Retro Sweat (Clothes, Defense Up, Squidforce)
White Tee (Clothes, Ink Saver Sub, Squidforce)
Blue Peaks Tee (Clothes, Ink Saver Sub, Inkline)
Octoling Armor (Clothes, Ink Saver Sub, Cuttlegear)
School Shoes (Shoes, Ink Saver Sub, amiibo)

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
i've been playing with the 52 gal more lately on my alts i have ink resis on shoes i find its a must and dam up on my head but here is my question is cold blood as needed on this weapon with the splash wall? for my third main, i just find that the splash wall takes so much ink that my third main right now is main ink saver....

buttfield

Full Squid
Cold Blooded isn't as necessary as on most other weapons. Since the .52, especially the stock variant, specializes in direct engagements, it's less valuable than than for ambushing weapons. Saver Main should help you a lot, though, especially accounting for the very odd delay on ink recovery after throwing a wall.

Templar

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TemplarAnimated
Damage up is definitely the elephant in the room, definitely worth looking into that. I think Cold Blooded is important only because there are a number of weapons that outrange it, so can shut them down before they can get in. I would say Saver Sub is really helpful for the same reason @buttfield said above, however I think the wall is the only reason why you'll run out of ink, and so having sub will let you use it when you have less ink and you'll feel the delay a little less. Swim speed is just good regardless as it lets you dive in and out during a fight and get you back into the action when you get splatted.

And if you die 8+ times in a fight, Comeback is really good. It gives you a boost in Ink Saver (Main and Sub), Ink Recovery, Run Speed, Swim Speed and Special Charge rate for 20 seconds after respawning. This means for a 5 minute game, if you die 10 times, on average for about 2/3s of the whole game comeback will be active, 2/3s of the game you have all those extra boosts. Its worth it if you're an aggressive player.

ParanoidDrone

Full Squid
NNID
ParanoidDrone
1 main + 3 subs or just 2 mains of damage up will ensure the 2HKO against 3 defense up mains.

Ink Saver will let you fire longer after throwing a Splash Wall. This is important due to the long delay after throwing a wall before you can recover ink. Main vs. sub saver is ultimately dealer's choice, although my personal preference is for main saver.

Ink resistance will help since the Gals aren't spectacular at inking your feet (although the .52 is better than the .96 here).

Ink recovery and swim speed are good generic choices that benefit basically any weapon.

NotAPerso

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PersocomLover
This set is entirely brand favored rolls, though I've not seen it out in the wild I'm sure it works great.

:head_eye005::ability_damage:|:ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
:clothes_tel010::ability_haunt:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:shoes_trs002::ability_bombsniffer:|:ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup:

(in case you already have a pure damage headgear you can try a better cosmetic build with the Forge Octarian Jacket. :ability_haunt:|:ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:)

Enough damage to keep a 2 hit kill against 3 DEF mains, and while tracked you'll beat 2main 8subs of DEF.
Special duration because it's important to quickly act after killer wail.
Sniffer and defense should be enough to avoid and survive any kind of bomb spam. The extra defense while tracked is also nice.

Truthfully this is only a theory build as I haven't taken the time to play it myself but it should work to better the .52 gal strengths.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom