• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Good Gearsets

linkll14

Inkling
I am looking for gear for slosher, tri-slosher, and carbon roller. I am not good at thinking of suff that would be good for weapons, so if someone would send gearsets that would be great. Priority is Tri-slosher, carbon roller, then slosher, but whatever is fine. Thank you.

CM86

Pro Squid
Tri-Slosher and Slosher have great support specials so I would definitely run special charge up. Ink resistance and bomb defense up are great if you plan on jumping right into the fray.

Carbon Roller is interesting because it is usually a sharking weapon but has a decent support special in Splatoon 2. I would use swim speed up, bomb defense up, and ink resistance. If you would rather play a support role more then a hyper offensive roll with the carbon, I would run swim speed up, special charge up, and bomb defense up. If you use the autobomb an aweful lot, go with ink saver sub.

Sorry for the lack of other abilities. The ones I listed are just that good and are used through the entire match.

DJ!

Inkling
NNID
AbsoluteZero953
Switch Friend Code
SW-7386-6018-5898
For Tri-Slosher and Slosher I typically run Ink saver main, Special Charge up, and Ink recovery up to increase my ink supply and special. And swim speed preferably as subs.

For Carbon I use Swim speed up, Ink saver sub and Ink resistance with ink saver main subs.

Arcadian

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SpeedOfSloth
My Tri-Slosher set is going to be pure Ink Saver Main, Swim Speed and Special Charge Up. I debated having bomb defense too but decided that I'd rather have lots of swim speed to get away from threats instead. Ink Resistance Up was a possibility but I excluded it as I can burst bomb my feet if I need to make a quick exit. Ink Recovery Up is less useful for slosher sets in my opinion so that's why it's not an ability I feel I desperately need. Ink Saver Sub is relatively pointless on this set in my opinion - with a full tank you can still only throw 2 burst bombs before running out of ink unless you have more than 1 main and 3 subs. You'll only gain an extra ~1 slosh of ink per burst bomb thrown with 1main3sub of ISS so I feel like ISM has much more utility.
1 main and 3 subs of ISM will give me approximately 5 extra sloshes per tank of ink which is quite useful if I'm spamming the bucket on the tower or in zones.
Swim Speed Up is just very useful as I can out-speed other weapons to choke-points at the start of maps, plus get back into the fray faster if I die.
Special Charge Up is a must as Ink Armour turns the tide of battles - 181p instead of 210p with my set is significant for Ink Armour but I wouldn't be opposed to adding more at the expense of Ink Saver Main in the future.

linkll14

Inkling
Arcadian so like 1 main and 3 subs od ISM 1 mani and 3 subs of SSU and 1 main and 3 subs of SCU

Arcadian

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SpeedOfSloth
Arcadian so like 1 main and 3 subs od ISM 1 mani and 3 subs of SSU and 1 main and 3 subs of SCU
Yep that's what I'm doing, but you don't have to do the exact same set - try stuff out and see what you like. You may prefer Ink Recovery Up to ISM, or Bomb Defense Up to Swim Speed Up. Imo the only one that is necessary is Special Charge Up. Keep in mind you can even substitute this for Special Saver if you tend to die often. Also you could have a main of ISM/SSU then 3 subs of Bomb Defense if you find yourself dying to bombs a lot. The world is your oyster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom