Good luck, or good strategy

NaomiTao

Inkling
I once asks someone (lets call them Bob) and he said that whenever he camped out by an enemy's base and took them soon as they spawned out his team normally wins, is this just good luck or good strategy.
(i onced played a shooter game and im a pretty good aimer) <- completely random
Thank you for your answer

boredguy108

Semi-Pro Squid
Depends on the situation, really.

I mean, spawn camping can work, but it's not a surefire strategy. If even one enemy slips out of their the base, they can act as spawn point for the rest of their team.

Honestly, you should focus more on the objective. If your team has that locked down, then by all means, spawn camp.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Off topic but why did you assign a name to Bob if you weren't going to refer to Bob later on in your post

On topic I agree with boredguy. I don't spawn camp often because it can quickly end up being a massive waste of time if you let one of them go. It can be pretty fun tho.

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
I kinda agree with the others. Some guys *always* go for spawncamping, even in high ranks sometimes. But if you don't care about how the game is going on, there is a good chance you'll make your team lose, even if you end up with a 10/2 ratio or so. I'm pretty sure some guys are blaming their teams for being bad, juste because they have the best ratio from this "strategy", but in the end they are the one to blame for a good number of their defeats.

I'd like to add that in a team, it's good to have several roles. So, if your team already has one very aggressive player trying to spawncamp, it's better to play the objective than just trying to pick some more kills. As it's good to try a flanking strategy when your whole team is quite passive, waiting for a chance to push the objective.

In any case, if you're in solo, I would advise adapting to your teammates. If you want to rank up, the most flexible weapons are the easy way, though if you want to have fun any weapon can do the trick, even if it means losing a bit more often.

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622
Yeah, I feel like spawn camping isn't a very good strat, and that it's too risky to use. If one enemy gets past you, you're screwed.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Successful spawncamping is more often the product of good map control than it is a strategy all its own. Most people who make a rush to the enemy's camp don't do well. Teams that take control of the map first, then push towards the enemy spawn usually succeed. You have to contain the other team and limit their options, otherwise you'll get flanked like crazy. If you've got 80% of the map covered, it's very hard for enemies to sneak past you because they'll have to cover your turf. It's pretty hard to not notice random splotches of yellow showing up in what was one a solid blue floor. Since they don't have a way to sneak past you (you'll notice if they try), they then have to try to fight through your entire team that is literally waiting for them to come out shooting.

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
If he's consistently winning he's doing something right. Test it yourself and then you'll know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom