1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Good Places To Inkstrike

Discussion in 'Competitive Discussion' started by Ben21Falcon, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Ben21Falcon

Ben21Falcon Ben21Falcon

NNID:
    benh2121
    Hey Guys, Ben Of The Squids Next Door here.

So today i was casually playing splatoon. And I am someone to use the Aerospray RG and MG. And the RG comes with inkstrike.... so I was wondering, where should I strategically place them? It can just be in general, not on each map.

Thanks!
    -SND Ben

2. teamdelibird

teamdelibird Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    teamdelibird
    Preferably, on enemy ink

3. GameGalaxy64

GameGalaxy64 Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    FlareFusion
    Right on the enemy line so your team can advance and hopefully get a few kills.

Jet and Ben21Falcon like this.
  4. Ben21Falcon

Ben21Falcon Ben21Falcon

NNID:
    benh2121
    lol yeah obviously

5. Questionmarktarius

NNID:
    NoNinID
    Sniper control.

6. Pivi

Pivi Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    HeroPivi
    I feel theres 2 ways to Inkstrike: To push and to annoy/distract

Striking the area kind of close to their spawn is guaranteed to at least be a proper distraction for one member since they need to spend time repainting it.
    Striking offensively means throwing it in the middle of the fray, then using the cover to throw some bombs or something as you've now cleared the area., but I personally feel the Killer Wail does this better. And of course this can get you the Splat Zones which is why it's so popular in ranked.

basically yeah, if its not your color, shoot it up brah

Jet and Ben21Falcon like this.
  7. Ben21Falcon

Ben21Falcon Ben21Falcon

NNID:
    benh2121
    thanks! really good explanation :]

8. crystalorbie

crystalorbie Inkling

NNID:
    crystalorbie
    Oh, if you spot someone camping on a ledge somewhere, see if you can't pinpoint a spot near to them but a ways below and hopefully behind them. (Like near, but not on, the top of the center of the skatepark)

The reason is that they may not see the warning signal in time, or at least have less time to react and flee.

Another good spot is that box on Salt Rig thats just behind that easy to reach camping ledge that overlooks the splatzone. If you hit behind them, they generally don't look too often and you can at least force them within range and off the ledge. For the opposite side of that camping ledge, just bomb the hallway thats the quickest from their spawn about halfway up, maybe a little closer to their spawn.

Ben21Falcon likes this.
  9. Jet

Jet Full Squid

NNID:
    Jetcore500
    This isn't good tactically but I was on the mall at the center I was trying to get into one of the side passages but an enemy was camping there and I was just getting tired of him so I launched a ink strike right on top of him out of spite

Ben21Falcon likes this.
  10. Astral

Astral Astral Finish!

NNID:
    AstralFinish
    Dropping an inkstrike right in front of the enemies spawn on Kelp Dome is an amazing strat, I do it all the time and lays a crazy amount of ink almost every time. It should only really be used at the end of a game since you are after all dropping it right in their spawn.

Kaliafornia likes this.
  11. Hinichii.ez.™

Hinichii.ez.™ Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?

NNID:
    Hinichii
    I have better
    dpmt tell k
    right on there bass
    INSTANT QUAD KEEL BBY

12. くコ:彡 - ROXY

くコ:彡 - ROXY Full Squid

NNID:
    Spamus
    during the last 5 seconds of the match. win by that .1% :p

13. mobilisq

mobilisq Inkling

NNID:
    mobilisq
    I definitely like to use it first as a distraction, then offensively. Generally I'll launch them near places that are hard to completely take back, like directly on their spawn point or at choke points they have to pass through. I also like to watch the map for a second to catch an ink trail, then try to lead where the enemy might go.

Another good use is to cover blank patches on the opposing side near the start when everyone else tries to push to the center, that way they'll see it on respawn and at least one person will generally waste time trying to take it back

14. Recettear

Recettear Full Squid

NNID:
    anrakutei
    Don't inkstrike directly in front of the spawn point. I see people doing that a lot and it's the worst thing to do because it gets undone the second one person dies and respawns and it's just a complete waste.

Use it to render an area or path unpassable for a second, or for cover for your teammates. If you can get it early use it on an area people typically make a beeline for. The center area in Arowana Mall is an easy target and it usually nets a couple free kills because it's somewhat hard to escape it and a well-placed inkstrike covers most of the ground.

Also don't use Inkstrikes to cover up enemy inkstrikes. Also a waste and just plain stupid.

Chapter Serf and mancity like this.
  15. Kaliafornia

Kaliafornia Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....

NNID:
    Kaliafornia
    This is the only time it is acceptable to inkstrike near enemy base in Turf. It slows them down immensely.

16. lostleader

lostleader Senior Squid

NNID:
    lostleader
    Basically. Inkstrikes work so much better when they block an enemies path or are a complete distraction from their main route of getting back to the field. Inkstrike I find most effective right at the areas of entry or close to splatzones (not on the splatzone unless you really plan to take point). Course in tower control, where the tower is going.

17. Boolerex

Boolerex Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Boolerex
    Surprised nobody mentioned the point in splat zone ; especially in kelp dome.

18. Chapter Serf

Chapter Serf Semi-Pro Squid
    Premium

NNID:
    ChapterSerf
    Only do that in the closing seconds of the match. Otherwise, as the quoted person said, it'll get cleaned up almost instantly. It also feeds that person badly needed special, since they did just die.