• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Good Places To Inkstrike

Ben21Falcon

Ben21Falcon
NNID
benh2121
Hey Guys, Ben Of The Squids Next Door here.

So today i was casually playing splatoon. And I am someone to use the Aerospray RG and MG. And the RG comes with inkstrike.... so I was wondering, where should I strategically place them? It can just be in general, not on each map.

Thanks!
-SND Ben

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
I feel theres 2 ways to Inkstrike: To push and to annoy/distract

Striking the area kind of close to their spawn is guaranteed to at least be a proper distraction for one member since they need to spend time repainting it.
Striking offensively means throwing it in the middle of the fray, then using the cover to throw some bombs or something as you've now cleared the area., but I personally feel the Killer Wail does this better. And of course this can get you the Splat Zones which is why it's so popular in ranked.

basically yeah, if its not your color, shoot it up brah

Ben21Falcon

Ben21Falcon
NNID
benh2121
I feel theres 2 ways to Inkstrike: To push and to annoy/distract

Striking the area kind of close to their spawn is guaranteed to at least be a proper distraction for one member since they need to spend time repainting it.
Striking offensively means throwing it in the middle of the fray, then using the cover to throw some bombs or something as you've now cleared the area., but I personally feel the Killer Wail does this better. And of course this can get you the Splat Zones which is why it's so popular in ranked.

basically yeah, if its not your color, shoot it up brah
thanks! really good explanation :]

crystalorbie

Inkling
NNID
crystalorbie
Oh, if you spot someone camping on a ledge somewhere, see if you can't pinpoint a spot near to them but a ways below and hopefully behind them. (Like near, but not on, the top of the center of the skatepark)

The reason is that they may not see the warning signal in time, or at least have less time to react and flee.

Another good spot is that box on Salt Rig thats just behind that easy to reach camping ledge that overlooks the splatzone. If you hit behind them, they generally don't look too often and you can at least force them within range and off the ledge. For the opposite side of that camping ledge, just bomb the hallway thats the quickest from their spawn about halfway up, maybe a little closer to their spawn.

Jet

Full Squid
NNID
Jetcore500
This isn't good tactically but I was on the mall at the center I was trying to get into one of the side passages but an enemy was camping there and I was just getting tired of him so I launched a ink strike right on top of him out of spite

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
Dropping an inkstrike right in front of the enemies spawn on Kelp Dome is an amazing strat, I do it all the time and lays a crazy amount of ink almost every time. It should only really be used at the end of a game since you are after all dropping it right in their spawn.

mobilisq

Inkling
NNID
mobilisq
I definitely like to use it first as a distraction, then offensively. Generally I'll launch them near places that are hard to completely take back, like directly on their spawn point or at choke points they have to pass through. I also like to watch the map for a second to catch an ink trail, then try to lead where the enemy might go.

Another good use is to cover blank patches on the opposing side near the start when everyone else tries to push to the center, that way they'll see it on respawn and at least one person will generally waste time trying to take it back

Recettear

Full Squid
NNID
anrakutei
Don't inkstrike directly in front of the spawn point. I see people doing that a lot and it's the worst thing to do because it gets undone the second one person dies and respawns and it's just a complete waste.

Use it to render an area or path unpassable for a second, or for cover for your teammates. If you can get it early use it on an area people typically make a beeline for. The center area in Arowana Mall is an easy target and it usually nets a couple free kills because it's somewhat hard to escape it and a well-placed inkstrike covers most of the ground.

Also don't use Inkstrikes to cover up enemy inkstrikes. Also a waste and just plain stupid.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
Dropping an inkstrike right in front of the enemies spawn on Kelp Dome is an amazing strat, I do it all the time and lays a crazy amount of ink almost every time. It should only really be used at the end of a game since you are after all dropping it right in their spawn.
This is the only time it is acceptable to inkstrike near enemy base in Turf. It slows them down immensely.

lostleader

Senior Squid
NNID
lostleader
push and to annoy/distract
Don't inkstrike directly in front of the spawn point.

Also don't use Inkstrikes to cover up enemy inkstrikes. Also a waste and just plain stupid.
Basically. Inkstrikes work so much better when they block an enemies path or are a complete distraction from their main route of getting back to the field. Inkstrike I find most effective right at the areas of entry or close to splatzones (not on the splatzone unless you really plan to take point). Course in tower control, where the tower is going.

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
Surprised nobody mentioned the point in splat zone ; especially in kelp dome.

Chapter Serf

Semi-Pro Squid
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
Don't inkstrike directly in front of the spawn point. I see people doing that a lot and it's the worst thing to do because it gets undone the second one person dies and respawns and it's just a complete waste.
Only do that in the closing seconds of the match. Otherwise, as the quoted person said, it'll get cleaned up almost instantly. It also feeds that person badly needed special, since they did just die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom