• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Good Power Egg grinding spots?

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I finally got access to the final boss and collected all the Sunken Scrolls before then. However, before I even attempt to tackle that stage I want to get all my equipment up to maximum level so that I don't feel that I've come too ill-equipped. Are there any levels that would be really awesome grinding spots for Power Eggs?

Thanks in advance!

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
I used to grind a little to max out fire rate in I think it was level 9. The one where sponges were introduced first. I don't know whether this is the best spot, though.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Trust me, you don't need to max out your gear for the final boss. What I had when I beat the boss for the first time:

Fire Rate: Lvl 2
Capacity: Max
Splat Bombs: Lvl 2
Seekers: Lvl 1
Burst Bombs: Level 1

This is everything I could afford to upgrade in my first run through the game. Thanks to Amiibo challenges, earning more eggs was a breeze, since you replay so many levels so frequently.

Last edited:

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
just play through most of the levels you like over again and you should get plenty pretty fast. Though you definitely don't need to max to beat him, it's fully doable with no upgrades (and you definitely won't need to upgrade subs for him)

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
Getting the Splatoon amiibo is a great way to get the eggs because when you do their missions the eggs you collect go to the single-player total.
...So it's more fun than standard grinding.

DakotaBonez

Full Squid
Trust me, you don't need to max out your gear for the final boss. What I had when I beat the boss for the first time:

Fire Rate: Lvl 2
Capacity: Max
Splat Bombs: Lvl 2
Seekers: Lvl 1
Burst Bombs: Level 1

This is everything I could afford to upgrade in my first run through the game. Thanks to Amiibo challenges, earning more eggs was a breeze, since you replay so many levels so frequently.
I never even bothered with the upgrades. Although that boss fight was extremely difficult with the low rate of fire, theres a huge sense of satisfaction beating it without upgrades. It was the only real challenge I had in the campaign.

iNinja5567

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
iNinja5567
I never upgraded all my equipment to max and I beat the final boss on my first try. Don't upgrade any more besides your rate of fire.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
All right, thanks for the tips. I'll try to take him on with my current gear, and if that doesn't work I'll just grind to max out my rate of fire and keep trying.

EDIT: Turns out I was worried about nothing. DJ Octavio was intense, but he was hardly impossible with what I had before posting this thread. Gotta hand it to Nintendo to get the balance between spectacle and difficulty right!

Now then, I guess it's on to doing the amiibo challenges.

Last edited:

Espyo

Inkling
Level 23, the one where enemies are always risking shrinking the sponges you're on, can net you 120 eggs per run. I've played through it countless times, and I can complete it in a minute and a half, more or less. Just don't lose the armor and don't use the Inkzooka, and you're all set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom