Got down. wanna get back up with the Custom Jet Squelcher.

Jeffrizzel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeffrizzel
splash wall for Splatzones and rainmaker

burst bombs for turf war and tower control

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
It's called versatility. You can have your long range and your close range too n vice versa. Most of the better weapons are like that.

Jeffrizzel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeffrizzel
Inkstrike is why the regular Jet Squelcher is better for Splatzones. That with the Splash Wall. It's a good combo for that mode.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Inkstrike is why the regular Jet Squelcher is better for Splatzones. That with the Splash Wall. It's a good combo for that mode.
You're gonna have to explain cause I'm not seeing it. To truely gain control of the zones, you have to kill the enemy team, and the Kraken is simply better at doing that.

Jeffrizzel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeffrizzel
You're gonna have to explain cause I'm not seeing it. To truely gain control of the zones, you have to kill the enemy team, and the Kraken is simply better at doing that.
The Kraken is actually kinda weak. It can be easily avoided and it can be held back by fire. Ink Strike is good for stopping your opponent from keeping control and can help can control quickly cause it covers a good area. It's also nice for taking out squid beacons. Kraken is good against noobs and certain weapons tho.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
The Kraken is actually kinda weak. It can be easily avoided and it can be held back by fire. Ink Strike is good for stopping your opponent from keeping control and can help can control quickly cause it covers a good area. It's also nice for taking out squid beacons. Kraken is good against noobs and certain weapons tho.
Are you seriously trying to imply that the Inkstrike is better than the Kraken? That junk is 10x easier to avoid and the amount of ink it spreads can be replicated by your main weapon in the same or less time. It certainly doesn't help in a firefight or getting out of unfavorable situations, infact you have to completely leave the action just to use it without being killed. This is especially unfortunate since a lone inkstrike on a zone wont do much if the enemy team is alive and well to just immediately cover it up.

Last edited:

Jeffrizzel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeffrizzel
Are you seriously trying to imply that the Inkstrike is better than the Kraken? That junk is 10x easier to avoid and the amount of ink it spreads can be replicated by your main weapon in the same or less time. It certainly doesn't help in a firefight or getting out of unfavorable situations, infact you have to completely leave the action just to use it without being killed. This is especially unfortunate since a lone inkstrike on a zone wont do much if the enemy team is alive and well to just immediately cover it up.
same could be said about a lone Kraken.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
same could be said about a lone Kraken.
*Implying that you'd ever use a Kraken to ink a zone*

Alright we're done here! In the end the regular Jet Squelcher is still a good n fine weapon, mostly because of the Splash Wall, so whenever it's used I'd suggest using ink efficiency buffs and staying away from special weapon buffs, but all up to the user of course.

Jeffrizzel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeffrizzel
*Implying that you'd ever use a Kraken to ink a zone*

Alright we're done here! In the end the regular Jet Squelcher is still a good n fine weapon, mostly because of the Splash Wall, so whenever it's used I'd suggest using ink efficiency buffs and staying away from special weapon buffs, but all up to the user of course.
It is not over! I must defeat you in Mortal Kombat.... ;) I like Ink Recovery Up more than the ink savers, but they are kinda interchangeable.... I go into squid form a lot so recovery seems better for me. Since the splash wall eats your whole tank, it might be good to run ink recovery up and saver main at the same time. Swim speed up is probably good too. Just in general it's good.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I've done a little testing of my own and the two weapons require very different playstyles. I love both.

The vanilla is really great at pressuring and softening enemies. I've had a bunch of games where I landed two or three hits, stuck the enemy in my ink and one of my allies took them out. The ink strike, when used correctly, is really great for providing cover for your allies and pushing/zoning enemies from a distance. It works perfectly for this weapon because you'll almost always be in the back away from the action. For most people I encounter they inkstrike random areas that will easily be covered up or don't aid your allies. Ink strikes should be used to push snipers around or provide air support to your allies, not to cover ink (unless in the last three seconds of TW).

The custom is much more aggressive and versatile. It can be in the middle of the action because of burst bombs and is great at pushing people around up close because of Kraken. You can sit back and provide pressure, but with custom's kit you can actually push. For that reason I think it is more useful and although I was nervous at first to get up close to people with this gun, it is a blast to play aggressive with it.

Kinda back on topic (thanks for the digression guys), my loadout for the CJS is:
:head_hat001: :ability_inksavermain:|:ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksavermain:
:clothes_tly007::ability_damage:|:ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
:shoes_shi005::ability_inkresistance:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_inkrecovery:

I feel like I'm in the ink a lot more so ink recovery helps a lot, but ink saver main is still very necessary for me because I stand a shoot a lot. I find ink resistance very helpful with the CJS because I'm in the thick of it more often. I might switch to my green hi-tops or plum casuals though.

dogjoke

Inkling
NNID
dogjoke
Since everything else is pretty much covered, a cool little trick for quicker kills with the Custom Jet Squelcher is to toss a burst bomb immediately followed by a shot at a range just beyond the .52 and Tentatek's reach (Burst Canceling is hardly revelatory at this point, but from other ranges its slow or unreliable on CSJ). The shot travels faster than the Burst Bomb, so from that distance the time between both hits is difficult to react to. In addition to the quick hit succession, that range is pretty safe against a lot of weapons and also reliable accuracy-wise for a direct hit from both the bomb and the shot. You'll need 1 Main + 1 Sub on Damage Up to make it a kill on someone with no Defense Up, but overkill is your friend with probably an additional 2 subs. A couple Bomb Range Up subs also helps insure your Burst Bomb is going directly into their torso and not at their feet. This technique is mostly only useful for relatively flat ground confrontation, so think Port Mackerel or Walleye Warehouse. I wouldn't focus your build around something like this, but if you've already got that Damage Up, it's a nice little tool to keep in your back pocket.

Dolphoshi

Pro Squid
I my experience with the custom jet (secondary main) there isn't a single gun who can out range besides chargers if you keep your distance from every one else they cannot shot as far as you. So your main foes is the chargers/ minigun and if you get to a position that you can throw a splat bomb at them you may be able to knock them off or if they don't run kill them but you have to flank them and shoot them ( or if you are really close hit them with two splat bombs and they are done), skills I will use for my mains are, :ability_tenacity:,:ability_ninjasquid:,:ability_inksaversub:, and i haven't got good subs yet so I can say nothing about that and damage up I have never liked because if you are shoting your gun you will be very lucky if you throw a splat bomb and actually have it hit but it has worked for some people, but the main point is keep your distance as nothing will be able to touch you (and pray you don't see the charger laser site) and if they are to close and you can't stop them start throwing some splat bombs at them (they have a amazing splat bomb guide around here) for aiming motion controls are amazing

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Hey a fellow Custom Jet Squelcher main, of course I'd lend some advice! Like with anything the best way to get good at it is to practice and use it a lot. In terms of how the CJS plays, you'll wanna be more defensive than you would be with a Splattershot or N'Zap due to the longer ttk. Thankfully it has the range to do this, and you'll want to take advantage of shooting foes who can't shoot you back at any given opportunity. Direct firefights are inevitable of course, but Burst Bombs also help a lot here. This isn't a charger though, so you don't have to play purely defensively and infact should definitely be pushing whenever you have the Kraken ready, but until you feel confident in your abilitys with it I'd just hang back most of the time.

As for abilitys, here's the main combo I use with it for example:

:head_ncp003: :ability_tenacity: | :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
:clothes_tly007: :ability_damage: | :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:shoes_shi004: :ability_inkrecovery: | :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

Tenacity makes a lot of sense here as you should be surviving longer with the more defensive playstyle, and of course the Kraken is a special well worth building up to. The strength ups are mainly to increase Burst Bomb effectiveness, but also help the main weapon by extending it's 4 hit kill range and making it likely to kill in 3 shots since that deals 99.9 damage. My last two abilitys are ones usable on any weapon really so not much to say there. For the most part you can use whatever abilitys you want with this weapon so feel free to experiment. Hope all this helps!
Wow. After realizing the power that is burst bombs i started working on a new build that is pretty similar to this. The main diff is instead of Tenacity/Special Charge up. I use Special Saver instead as it fits my playstyle. Cool how you can have similar set ups but completly differnt clothes in this game.

But seriously burst bombs are insane, how i not realized thier power for so long is beyond me.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Wow. After realizing the power that is burst bombs i started working on a new build that is pretty similar to this. The main diff is instead of Tenacity/Special Charge up. I use Special Saver instead as it fits my playstyle. Cool how you can have similar set ups but completly differnt clothes in this game.

But seriously burst bombs are insane, how i not realized thier power for so long is beyond me.
Lawlz I recently switched to Special Saver aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom