Growing Inkzooka?

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
Personally, I think we might be able to manage more people. We have you, @Flying_Tortoise, and myself in charge so I think we can accept more people. We just need to plan more so that we end up with a total number that is a multiple of 4. For example, we have 24 members (6 groups of 4 person teams). All we need to do is make sure we can divide the members into groups of 4 and we are fine.

Immortal

Inkster Jr.
I'm not sure about everyone else, but I barely know anyone here except a few of the active people. Adding new people to the group while most people here aren't even acquainted would likely lead to distant relationships between members.
On the other hand adding people to the group later down the line could alienate them from the rest of the group.

Seems like we have the good and the bad no matter what happens, but I'm mostly just rambling at this point.
Personally, I say let some more people in. It's been quiet lately and it'll be fun.

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
Well, I don't see a lot of the 24 members of Inkzooka on here much. Maybe at most 10 of them. So I'm not sure what we should do about that yet. All I know is that more members potentially should be a good thing, especially if more than half of the current members are inactive.

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hyrule, Mushroom, Nohr, Comet Observatory
There is a method to auto de-group people who are inactive. I think we could do this to check who is active and not. Whoever poofs out all of a sudden was not active. While it be nice to let know then everybody will post to not get deleted but that is a group admin feature so it's not in anyway to be told to the general members. I like I said feel bad rejecting inkling to come in and would like to see us grow more but at the same time not feeling the satisfaction I want for a good family, "community" like Squad. There are some members that haven't even talked. That is another consideration to take. To bump out members who haven't posted/socialized/answered since arriving. I might do that in the coming days. Then open up for other members to substitute after all those who didn't make it in I have a conversation with them stating if open spots are available within our Squad, I'll report. Also made the rejection in as best wording as possible. So that I rejected the addition politely. This count on favor for Inkzooka's honesty and good treatment. Of course feeling bad rejecting new members must not be taken as a weakness like I'm obligated to add them because they requested join. If we are full or we don't want to add anymore that is the case and cannot be amended. There's a level of professionalism and if you give way for everyone's wish then it won't be a pleasant or professional experience or integrity. Being Leader has much responsibilities. I will put the auto boot feature to a moderate # of days see what happens. If anyone poofs well it happened. I'll contact other members if that happens of whom were out of inkzooka in order of arrival too. That is what I think. Of course feedback is appreciated and taken into account.

Ness

Full Squid
NNID
Awkw4rdAss4ssin
I think the Auto Boot is the best course of action for now. If there's people that clearly want to join us, and they can't because the spot's taken by a person that's never even posted here, then I think we should just boot them. You have to either really not care about Inkzooka or must be going through significant circumstances to not be active here. I'd still like the number of members to float around 24, but like StarHunter said, as long as we can have teams of 4, we're good.

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
I think a fair amount of time for booting members out of the Squad is 2 months. If they don't respond to Inkzooka activity within that time, or another time we can agree on, they will be removed. What do you think? Is that time acceptable or should it be longer/shorter?

joetext

Inkster Jr.
NNID
duncankeller
Yeah, a tough one for sure. My gut reaction is that I don't know the 24 we have well enough to be comfortable with more people, but I will echo the others who are saying that people joining and not participating is perhaps at the heart of the issue.

@StarHunter789 I think that time is fair. Since we are still kind of in the early days, maybe we should be a bit stricter? Not totally sure. We could have a rule that newcomers need to post a short welcome post. That's a low bar that could thin out the people who just hit the join button and forgot about it.

There's kind of two issues related to this. A long-term issue: Removing people who stop being active over time. And a short-term issue: People who joined in the beginning and just forgot we exist.

I guess at the end of the day I would not be opposed to adding more people, but taking care of inactive members seems like killing two birds with one stone.

The Inkvenger

Inkster Jr.
NNID
PSICadet
Maybe we should make a thread where everyone can introduce themselves so we all get to know each other.I think we should all get to know each other before we let more people we don't know that much into the group.

Along with that we need to take some time to distinguish who isn't active and needs to be booted.

DeanAdamFry

Inkling
Inactivity for 1 month = ban unless you report to one of the leaders that you are on break (this includes things like holidays or just a break from the game due to burnout).

Being a small group is beneficial to not only us but for our competition as well, if we started accepting more and more members not only will people feel like a number instead of a member but we will also lose competition since we would run a higher risk of people not forming their own squads if they simply get accepted to squads that allow huge amount of members.

Stick small and get to know each other, opening it up to more members will only isolate people who are already on the squad.

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
That was a very good idea. However I see the point of everyone like adding more members down the road. However I'm with Dean on this. Or at least for now I don't want the Squad to group too much. As always been my vision to have a team with integrity which comes from actually sharing with each other. perhaps this is because I don't have much friends in real and how I was betrayed at gamefaqs but I think this kind of bond is likable by everyone. So while there could be a chance to add more people I would like to keep it like the current. but lets do the booth section. Star proposed 2 months Dean proposed a month how about half and half 45 days? 15 more than dean 15 less than Star. I have two members still wanting in. I'll have to decline them sadly.

TheLuigiInkling

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GamerSackboy1996
When you guys talk about booting absent people, somehow I feel as though all eyes are pointed at me. I do wish I could be on more often, but I'm also working on an RPG, attending to friends, so on and such forth. That, and I'm also waiting for August, when we can start up the Squad battles. But I'll try to be more active, promise! ...heh

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
When you guys talk about booting absent people, somehow I feel as though all eyes are pointed at me. I do wish I could be on more often, but I'm also working on an RPG, attending to friends, so on and such forth. That, and I'm also waiting for August, when we can start up the Squad battles. But I'll try to be more active, promise! ...heh
Don't worry I set it to 45 days to auto boot. You just need to post at least once every 10 days if you are busy. Not yet booted, you're one of the usual around goodie guys haha. I also accepted the two new members. Lets see how they fare in the Inkzooka Family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom