• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Guide: Team Communication + Callouts. Now with Map Overviews!

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
A Guide that teaches me how to talk to my Teammates? Its nice to see that you put so much work into it but is that really necessary? @_@

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
A Guide that teaches me how to talk to my Teammates? Its nice to see that you put so much work into it but is that really necessary? @_@
Absolutely, it's an important fundamental skill in competitive shooters =)

Dylan26

Full Squid
Content Team
NNID
Dylan26
I would like to announce that I have finished my first public draft of map overviews with callouts, they are now available in the OP. I welcome feedback and will be updating them often.

I also want to link to other players' callouts in this thread, so if you have some callouts of your own feel free to post them here for others to see!
Where can we find the document? Would reallh love to show this to my team

BeanYak

Full Squid
NNID
Catman789
Wow I'm pretty late to this. I made a post pretty similar to this one, but your post is far better: http://squidboards.com/threads/game-lingo-thread.2167/

Just to add my two cents, though:
  • Rather than "our X" & "their X", I would suggest that people refer to callouts as "Good X" & "Bad X". I think it tackles the point of unique syllables a bit better, it feels more comfortable to say, and it fits more with Splatoon's idea of "Good Guys vs. Bad Guys", which appears to be the only in game way of naming the teams. I guess there are splatfests, but you know what I mean.
  • In my thread, I've also listed some objective based callouts, which will surely also become important.
If you guys happen to still be working on this stuff, I'd love to have some input.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
I'm not sure how this will be implemented in-game... Who will hear you?
Those who will listen.

It is for those who want to have good communication with their team. Considering each match goes on for 3 minutes, would be best to be effective as possible. Saying "Weak Roller Top Mid!!" Would be better than saying "Damn it guys, that stupid roller got me again, get him for me, I shot him like 4 times!!" By the time you finish your sentence, your team may get rolled, and it could cause you to lose the match if it were in the last 30 seconds. I think I can understand your mindset "Why make a guide about talking, I want a guide that can get me gud, like splatter hopping, yeah!" (If that's not your mindset I apologize) I think I used to think like that before, but now I have grown to understand that everything can make me a better player, not just strategy/advanced tech.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Because they save time, of which you have only 3 minutes. I also explained it in a paragraph, so it seems like you didn't read that post or the OP. If you disagree, then talk normally. I don't think this is something that should really be argued about. It should be obvious. It just wastes space when people can just see content that is actually helpful.

Accidental

Inkling
NNID
AccNinja
Hey @Hitzel just to let you know, your callouts are pretty good. I didn't think people would be working on them this early xD. Anyway, I started working on my own callouts last night, but I saw this, and I agree with most of the naming conventions. Good work!

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
Hey thanks for all of the support everyone!

I want to announce that a big update is coming to this guide. I've been working with Squid Squad with these callouts, and once Ink or Sink is finished, I'm going to be updating the Callouts based on what we've been using, what we haven't been using, and additions we've made. Flounder Heights and Urchin Underpass will be added as well.

If there are any other teams or groups that want to give any input, don't be afraid to contact me!

bluedeero

Full Squid
NNID
blue-deero
Does anyone have the PSD file for Urchin Underpass callouts that they can share? I have yet to see it uploaded elsewhere on the forums.

Vintagestep

Full Squid
NNID
Vintagestep
Loved the guide, but don't use the callouts as yours, they were made by https://twitter.com/3balkan/
You didn't said they were made by other person or gave any link to the source which I find a bit offensive to the author, is like If I translate this guide to French and say in the french community that I made it by myself.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
Loved the guide, but don't use the callouts as yours, they were made by https://twitter.com/3balkan/
You didn't said they were made by other person or gave any link to the source which I find a bit offensive to the author, is like If I translate this guide to French and say in the french community that I made it by myself.
That's because I made the callouts. Squid Squad had helped me.

*Edit*

Oooh, you mean the orange images! So you're saying the owner of that twitter made them? They were passed to me by a random stream viewer and never figured out where they came from, if that's the author I'll give him credit in the OP.

@bluedeero Urchin Underpass callouts have been on my plate for quite a while now, but I've been very busy and haven't gotten to making them since we've naturally developed them over time and haven't felt the need for an image. I'll eventually get to it, I don't have a timeframe for you unfortunately.

Vintagestep

Full Squid
NNID
Vintagestep
That's because I made the callouts. Squid Squad had helped me.

*Edit*

Oooh, you mean the orange images! So you're saying the owner of that twitter made them? They were passed to me by a random stream viewer and never figured out where they came from, if that's the author I'll give him credit in the OP.
Welp, that's true, sorry for the missunderstanding, you came with the callouts, and the images are other thing, yes they belong to him, he has now the hammerhead bridge if you're interested. On the link if his twitter(that kind of blog) you'll find the stuff.

kikichan86

Inkling
NNID
kikichan86
Just popped into say as a fresh squid - this is actually exactly what I'd been looking for. No experience with other shooters, and just started squadding and using voice chat~ This gives us some guidance and structure!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom