Gun Control (Really need help with shooters)

Kodinami

Inkling
(I accidentally put the original post in the wrong forum area, hopefully I can get rid of that soon...)

Anyways, I need some major help with using shooter type weapons.. When I first started playing Splatoon, I used to main the N-Zap 89, then soon moved to the Neo Sploosh-o-Matic, my first weapon to introduce me to the Kraken special. I used this weapon a lot and was pretty good with it, but then put it down once I discovered the Octobrush, my new main weapon.

I've been trying to pick the Neo Sploosh but have been doing terrible with it lately.. Obviously I'll need to practice with it again, but I've been having so much trouble aiming and shooting my opponents.. Even when they stand in place, they're hard to hit.. So I was just wondering if there was something I could do to make it easier to control and aim my shooter weapons..

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
Well, the sploosh isn't a very accurate weapon. My guess is that you got used to the brush, so you're trying to kill from a bit too far now. Remember that the sploosh isn't that accurate, and you need to be very close of your target to splat it (but if you're close enough, the weapon kills insanely fast).

The DUDE plays this weapon competitively on some maps. You should be able to take a look at some videos of his, it could help you. He made a video analysis of it too.

I would say the offensive goal for the sploosh is not really aiming, it's more looking. I mean, you're so close of your target... You need to be able to keep your opponent more or less in the middle of your screen no matter what kind of moves he's doing. So, master the camera/pad. I don't know if you're playing with motion controls, but I think it's better.

Another thing maybe happened: you ranked up with the brush, and the way you played the sploosh isn't possible anymore with your current opponents' level, and you just need some time to get used to that.

HTLNBLNG

Inkling
NNID
GalaxyFight11
With the Sploosh-O-Matic, you don't really need to aim, per se; the weapon's decently high spread of fire means that, as long as you are in range, you just have to look at your target to secure the kill. The hard part, of course, is getting in.

You could always try adjusting motion sensitivity; that worked wonders for my charger play.

Reactions: blu

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom