H3-Nozzlenose inkcoming tonight!

Damandatwin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Damandatwin
Might be good. I think it would need to outrange tentateks to be useful though.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Looks like the Splattershot Pro and the Gals will have competition in the effective splatting shooters category.

H-3 Nozzlenose users gonna need to check their fire so they don't get left vunerable between bursts. Can nozzlenose users interrupt their bursts like Splatlings can by diving into ink as a squid?

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
I can't recall where I read it, it's been a while, but I thought the H3, unlike its L3 brethren could be held down to shoot. So slower/more powerful, but you don't have to manually keep pressing. I mean it makes sense for the nozzle family to have the trigger-burst shots as their thing, but I could've sworn how the H3 functioned was leaked too. Probably wrong about it.

Reset Bomb Jigglypuff

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yayforall
This kit sure seems wonky for a weapon like this. The other two nozzlenoses have kits that seem more sensible for them.

The original has disruptors, which makes getting in the two bursts easy and has Killer Wail for a long range option.

The deco version has burst bombs, which allow you to pick off a weakened opponent after you've shot them. It also has the Kraken, which helps since The Nozzlenoses can get trapped in enemy ink easily, so having a get out of jail free card is great.

I just really don't know how this kit fits the H-3 Nozzlenose.
Sorry if this seems rude of me but it's D, not deco.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Might be good. I think it would need to outrange tentateks to be useful though.
If I remember correctly it has the same range as the normal Nozzlenose (which out ranges Tentateks by a bit) so it should be useful, also the kit it has is pretty decent imo.

Ber

Full Squid
NNID
Bernee
If I remember correctly it has the same range as the normal Nozzlenose (which out ranges Tentateks by a bit) so it should be useful, also the kit it has is pretty decent imo.
It's also worth mentioning that it has perfect accuracy, something only the nozzlenose family and chargers have

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
H-3 Nozzlenose users gonna need to check their fire so they don't get left vunerable between bursts. Can nozzlenose users interrupt their bursts like Splatlings can by diving into ink as a squid?
I think they can, although I think it'll be required to know how fast it shoots to know if it's worth it or not

It's also worth mentioning that it has perfect accuracy, something only the nozzlenose family and chargers have
Blasters also have perfect accuracy. I think the Nozzlenose's is "almost" perfect, but it's pretty hard to test it so I can't say for sure

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
This loadout=You can't run, you can't hide. The player just has to be good at mashing.
I've never understood why people say that you need to mash to use a Nozzlenose. Brushes require mashing because they can be swung so rapidly. Nozzlenoses and Sloshers are not nearly as fast; they just require tapping the button in a certain rhythm. It's a waste of effort to tap the button faster than the weapon can fire.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
I've never understood why people say that you need to mash to use a Nozzlenose. Brushes require mashing because they can be swung so rapidly. Nozzlenoses and Sloshers are not nearly as fast; they just require tapping the button in a certain rhythm. It's a waste of effort to tap the button faster than the weapon can fire.
Mashing for TW though. And I've carried my team in TW with the L-3s. Especially the Dolphin. No joke. I think this might be harder to carry in TW with but as long as one mashes one can be fine.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Mashing for TW though. And I've carried my team in TW with the L-3s. Especially the Dolphin. No joke. I think this might be harder to carry in TW with but as long as one mashes one can be fine.
Mashing does not give you nearly the most consistent fire rate.

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
Why would the mode make any difference? The weapon's rate of fire isn't going to change based on that. It's simply more efficient to tap in a rhythm rather than pretending you're playing an Inkbrush.

Also, if the H-3 works anything like I'd expect it to (that is, it has a longer delay after each burst), controlled tapping is going to be downright mandatory for it, since you're going to want to make every burst count. Tapping the button before you've actually made any effort to line up a shot would not only be a waste but also leave you vulnerable.

Reset Bomb Jigglypuff

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yayforall
Why would the mode make any difference? The weapon's rate of fire isn't going to change based on that. It's simply more efficient to tap in a rhythm rather than pretending you're playing an Inkbrush.

Also, if the H-3 works anything like I'd expect it to (that is, it has a longer delay after each burst), controlled tapping is going to be downright mandatory for it, since you're going to want to make every burst count. Tapping the button before you've actually made any effort to line up a shot would not only be a waste but also leave you vulnerable.
The fire rate is pretty much the same.

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
The fire rate is pretty much the same.
If you're referring to the two Nozzlenoses, I find that very hard to believe given their numerical stats, but we'll know for certain in less than an hour.

If you're referring to mashing vs. tapping, sure, the max fire rate is roughly the same either way, but like I said, if you mash, you're giving up a certain amount of control over your shots and you're needlessly tiring out your trigger finger. It's a bit like turning off motion controls; you can make it work, but it's not optimal.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I tried it once and honestly did not really like it. The three burst shots are hard to hit your foe with, especially with both of you being mobile. Fire rate and ink coverage are atrocious, and the range is average at best. Blasters have large bursts to hit foes with for some damage, but missing a shot with this is unforgiving. Chargers can one shot foes with its range rather than going to direct combat. Splatlings can abuse their above average shooter stats after charging. Dynamo rollers have great ink coverage and spread. The H-3 does not seem to have much anything special, and although Echolocator is good, it takes a while to charge.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Just tried out the H-3. It's a pretty alright weapon with good range and a very real possibility of one-shotting foes. That said, the longer cooldown time really throws me off as I'm used to simply mashing the button without a second though. The Suction Bombs and Echolocator are a pretty good combination, though it does take a while to grind the special up because of how the weapon works. I'm inclined to say it's a good weapon around the same tier as the Gals.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
After having some fun with it in stream private battles, the first thing is that it feels sooo slow and clunky to use, but it does have good splatting power. It's also not great at taking down he rainmakers shield because of it's slow firing rate. I can see this weapon shining the most in Tower Control, since suction bombs are amazing their and it can easily pick off inklings on the tower due to it's range.

Of course, this is just my first impressions on the weapon so it might change when I use it more...

I also tried out the normal Nozzlenoze as well, the disruptors so good (especially against rollers)! I'm surprised people don't use this weapon more often, I might play around with the normal nozzle more often now. :p

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Alright, my testing is done. The H-3 Nozzlenose has the same range and accuracy than the L-3 Nozzlenose, but can splat in 3 shots consistently (I was testing with a main Damage Up on accident, but I was dealing about 130ish damage, so it should still be able to take on enemies with 3 main Defense Ups). It shoots about as fast as a Jr., so it'll splat as fast as the Sploosh-o-matic if all 3 shots hit. However, the delay between bursts is pretty long, so I'd say this gun is extremely dangerous in the hands of someone with decent aim, but debatably harmless otherwise. Overall, don't underestimate it

PS: You can't cancel bursts :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom