Hair styles should be a thing.

Nerpna

Inkling
NNID
Pezbot69
How cool would it be if hair styles was a thing? captain cuttlefish has a shaggy hair style so why cant we?

Nerpna

Inkling
NNID
Pezbot69
what's your thoughts?

If demand is anything to go off of, it'll be in the sequel. It's a bit much to implement in an update though.
Its what must be done

Last edited by a moderator:

Azure_Kyte

Inkling
NNID
Azure_Kyte
For the current game, they would need to change the models such that the head is plain and the tentacles act as their own independent node, like hats and other clothing. While I think it would be cool to have other tentaclestyles, I don't think we'll see them this time around unless they were worked into the current hat system. Such hairstyles would still look rather tacky though, as the two tentacles are still present on the models themselves and I doubt the option is that high in demand that the devs would put extra time into fixing the models specifically for such a system.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
I'd really love it to, especially since it looks like the point where the main Inklings have established their look for the new IP, but making the hair models and adapting them to hats would take a while; I'm not sure if it's even going to come until the second Splatoon game.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777

Yeah, custom hairstyles would make the sequel even better.
Even though all of them in their current state (too many feeding tentacles, if not tentacles in general) wouldn't work unless parts of their hair changed to be more reminiscent of the hair on the foreheads of the female Inkling (the rectangular flaps that splits on the right side) and Squid Sisters (their bit of hair in the center), they look pretty cool!

BlueInk

Inkster Jr.
We are talking about a Nintendo game here. I bet it'll come, but the amount of tentacles shouldn't matter. I just want a braid or a pony tail in the game xc

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I wouldn't mind a headgear piece that gave you a hilarious and clearly fake costume beard. Maybe one of those Groucho glasses with a comical nose and bushy 'stache...?
So the next official art for the Japanese Splatfest was just made which references what you want:

(Not as related but here is the Marie one for the curious:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom