• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Halloween 2015

What do you like about Halloween?

• Total voters

Blast

Inactive
NNID
Blastystoise
Well I'm happy to hear that you enjoy yourself during the 3 months of Holiday cheer~ I will agree though that cooperate made costumes are just not worth the money. It sucks thought that it takes that long for you to get to a high end Halloween store and back. That's the horrible downsides to being out in the middle of nowhere I suppose. But as long as there are kids and fun to be had, then it's not all bad.

What's bad about my area are the Halloween Riots. It's something that happens when university students get drunk and start destroying stuff. It's something to be avoided. That's why I never leave my place during Halloween. Last year's riot was pretty bad but with the alcohol ban lifted for Halloween, it's only going to get worse this year.
Hmmm, might be best to avoid going out too much then, that sucks. Guess there'll always be people who ruin fun holidays like these, thankfully everyone generally keeps to the pubs here.

Also, I noticed I'm still the only one who voted horror movies. You're all wusses >w>

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Well I'm happy to hear that you enjoy yourself during the 3 months of Holiday cheer~ I will agree though that cooperate made costumes are just not worth the money. It sucks thought that it takes that long for you to get to a high end Halloween store and back. That's the horrible downsides to being out in the middle of nowhere I suppose. But as long as there are kids and fun to be had, then it's not all bad.

What's bad about my area are the Halloween Riots. It's something that happens when university students get drunk and start destroying stuff. It's something to be avoided. That's why I never leave my place during Halloween. Last year's riot was pretty bad but with the alcohol ban lifted for Halloween, it's only going to get worse this year.
Oh geez. I know that feeling. We don't even leave the house on days where there's a lot of drunk drivers on the road. (New Year's, Superbowl, and more that I can't seem to remember) I hope you can brave the upcoming storm on Halloween 'cause that sounds awful.

Yeah, the kids around my area are really nice to me. Always saying hi when I pass by them. I'm really shy, so I try to say hi back but it comes out weird. This is one of those holidays I can return the favor for their kindness.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Sucks to have to live in the south where religions say "halloween is day of the devil" is that your situation?
No. It's just that my family doesn't really celebrate the holiday all that much ever since me and my older brother stopped trick-or-treating years ago. Nowadays I just watch Halloween specials. That's about it really.

Newtonjar

Senior Squid
The anime club I'm in at school does this really cool thing where we judge the costumes of others and it's a lot of fun. It's kinda ironic because I haven't dressed up for Halloween in years. I am thinking of wearing cat ears just to creep out my friends, that would be hysterical.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Bumping time since it's one week 'til Halloween!

Well, I got a stupid looking Skull Hat at the store, so I'll be wearing that on Halloween night. We'll be getting candy for the kids who come by and I'll be the one who hands them out. I think we'll watch "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" as per tradition and all, and maybe Ghostbusters too If I'm lucky. And the Halloween event in Animal Crossing New Leaf. First time I'm doing that event in that game.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
On whatever home game is closest to halloween, our marching band dresses up in costumes (it's a requirement). I bought myself an official Devo radiation suit for it, but I might have to skip out on it since the regionals meet for cross country is the day after it; halloween.

I don't know if I want to hand out candy to children this year, tho, we don't get too many trick or treaters because I live in the oldest house in the area, a renovated mansion from at least the 1920's, located in a very secluded private drive.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Happy Halloween Squid Boards! This is going to be a very fun day for me and I can't wait to give treats to kids who come by tonight~!

Let's have a fun, or if you choose so, spooky day!

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
I'm going to have a fun Halloween today. I just finished making Pudding Pies not too long ago, for later tonight and I will be out with some friends to give out candy to kids. My friend Mat wants to do Ghost Hunting, but that is questionable since we may end up being too busy to do that.

I hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween!

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
Yup! Happy Halloween to all! Just finished carving enough jack-o-lanterns and fake skeletons and ghosts and placed them on the lawn. For some reason I feel more excited this year more than any other year. Does anyone else feel this way?

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Yup. I care more about the holiday than any other other year. I'll finish decorations, and then do some more Halloween related things today. I'm pretty excited.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Back from regionals. Didn't run that fast, but it doesn't really matter considering I had the best cross country season so far.

Once the clock here strikes 6, I'll be hiding in my room from trick r' treaters.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Happy Halloween to everybody here! Since I don't have a lot of trick-or-treaters coming around my neighborhood, I'll just eat some candy while watching Halloween specials.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Probably the first Halloween I will remember since before my Grandmother died. I really tried as hard as I could to make this a Halloween to remember for me and my family and my work payed off. There were a lot of kids at the door in the complex, much more than I anticipated. On top of that, we almost ran out of candy. After the whole day was over, I felt life in me I haven't felt in years. I really do love this time of the year.

I helped set up the lights, I got my stupid looking Skull Hat on, watched Halloween related episodes of shows. Watched It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown as per tradition and while I was waiting for Trick or Treaters, I played the Halloween event in Animal Crossing New Leaf and I'm just having a absolute blast. My family had a wonderful time and I feel so happy that I helped make this wonderful day for us.

Now we'll remember 2015 as the Halloween with me wearing the Skull Hat. Finally, some new memories.

Reactions: shy

shy

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2855-0246-7213
I had a great halloween. It was pretty fun looking at all the decorations. The candy was the best part of it.
There was left over candy in the bowl so I grabbed some. I just love sweets :3

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Mine was kinda boring, though. It sucks not celebrating the holiday all that much anymore while you're an adult. Not to mention I still remember the last time I ever went trick-or-treating, it was also the last month I got to be around with my dad before he died. I guess you could say this is why I'm always feeling pretty bitter towards Halloween every year.

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
I didn't do much. Just hung out at a friend's house, but my brother left a bowl of candy on the porch for trick-or-treaters. Looked like we got a few.

Tell me Halloweens are colleges aren't this uneventful :V

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom