Hammerhead Bridge redesign

Smarty1two

Senior Squid
NNID
Smarty1two
I would love if they remodeled Hammerhead in any way, but that's mainly because I personally think it's an absolutely terrible stage as is. Total hot mess of randomly placed obstacles, walls and giant un-inkable areas. It is, in my opinion, the worst stage in the game. I also suspect that Splatoon is pretty done with huge updates, but I could be wrong.
the main problem is that hammerhead works against short range weapons with its narrow slanted design. If there was a way to handle this problem then it could possibly be a better stage or a least a bit more viable.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
I really take issue with this. If they can redesign Urchin to make it suitable for all modes of play, why just fully take a stage out of rotation for a mode? It's really lazy and reduces the content of the game that we SHOULD have. There's no reason why Blackbelly shouldnt appear in RM or Port shouldnt appear in TC or whatever. Fix the stage, don't abandon it.

And in any case, I remember playing TC on Port long ago and I didn't feel like it was even that bad. So whatever. GROAN
Agreed rainmaker in blackbelly hasn't been on purely because the route is "too short" well just fix the route move the pedastool to somewhere further away, tower control in port mackerel idk how to fix it but all I know is that it's .52 gal HELL literally no other weapons used and with the splash walls UGH

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Not sure if it would work, but what if all the entrances through the straight path in Blackbelly Rainmaker were either blocked by barrier obstacles or the small bars that prevent people from fully climbing walls. If they figured out how to make it impossible to exit through the main path but possible to enter through it would make it a good deal longer. The path works for Tower Control after all.

I honestly never play Port TC because it is so cramped and I hate Port Mackrel in the first place. I would widen the tower route, but honestly don't have any good ideas.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Not sure if it would work, but what if all the entrances through the straight path in Blackbelly Rainmaker were either blocked by barrier obstacles or the small bars that prevent people from fully climbing walls. If they figured out how to make it impossible to exit through the main path but possible to enter through it would make it a good deal longer. The path works for Tower Control after all.

I honestly never play Port TC because it is so cramped and I hate Port Mackrel in the first place. I would widen the tower route, but honestly don't have any good ideas.
I like that idea for Blackbelly. It honestly doesn't seem that hard to do. And if the change is so drastic that it fundamentally restructures the map then so be it. Any option is better than just removing it. Same goes for TC. Change the pattern of the boxes so map it more open like you said, and I'd say change the route of the Tower to be more of an Z shape instead of a straight line. From the corner of your team's open area in mid to the opposite corner of your opponent's area. If that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom