Happy New Year Squids! Thoughts on Undercover Brella?

Stardust

Semi-Pro Squid
Finally a weapon that lets my squid feel like a real Kingsman...

I'm not usually one for burst weapons, (never cared for the .gal) but I've got to admit this one has a real "shotgun" feel I enjoy.
Kingsman? Is that a movie? Yeah, really does seem like one!

Stardust

Semi-Pro Squid
I like it a lot. It was my most anticipated weapon from the patch. I just wish the brella didn’t break so easy. Just let it be able to take a little bit more hits.

But all in all I loved it.
Yeah, it breaks too easy, hopefully next patch buffs it!

Stardust

Semi-Pro Squid
It's better than the Tenta Brella, that's for sure! Probably better than pre-buff Splat Brella, as while the damage is just as inconsistent if not moreso, atleast the shield is always relevant. Them giving it 160p for special means the devs know it's still on the underwhelming side, but I've enjoyed using it and haven't done too badly with it. It's alt kit will be where it's at though!
Exactly how I feel about it!

Stardust

Semi-Pro Squid
I think it works very well as a Splashdown machine. It only needs 160 points to get a Splashdown, and paints just as well as it's Splat Brella cousin. The shield is very weak and it takes a long time to kill, but I think the ability to pump out Splashdowns at a ridiculous rate is scary enough on its own.
I wonder how viable it'll be with a main or two of special charge.
I actually really on the ink mines more myself! But yeah, a fast splashdown is nice.

Stardust

Semi-Pro Squid
In my opinion, Undercover Brella is a great weapon that can be used to hold down an area with Ink Mines and splat opponents with Splashdown, but there are still a few things to clean up.

To begin, I agree with what Yami Silver said about it, in which to remove the damage multipliers. However, I still think that the multipliers for the charger should stay the same because a Splat Charger would need to use 2 fully charged shots in order to break the shield, and by then, he or she is probably splatted.

In addition, I think that the ink consumption for each shot should be 2% of the tank, giving the Undercover Brella a total of 50 shots. To balance this, the shield should ink the ground as well which should keep the amount of shots the same. This would provide users a reason to not have the shield up all the time and would give some interesting new play styles to the weapon.

Plus, the damage for the Undercover Brella should become a maximum of 45 instead of 40. I find it hard to aim with this brella, so it mostly becomes a 4-shot splat instead of a 3-shot. People have suggested making the damage 50, but then it would make it a 2-shot splat like the Splat Brella. I think that if this happened, people will abuse the damage with the protective shield by camping (or sharking) by certain choke points.

Overall, there is great potential in this brella, but I feel that it is being limited by multiple factors. Although, Nintendo should be careful to not over buff the weapon like they did with the Splat Brella. This brella needs to keep its sneaking vibe in order to make it an enjoyable and interesting weapon.

Link to Yami Silver's video about it:
I'm actually subscribed to him, actually! Yami's video is actually pretty informative! Yeah, the weapon is certainly flawed, but it has potential.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Click on the "+Quote" button beneath mutliple posts and then click on the "Insert Quotes..." button and it'll add all quotes you've selected.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Partly I just love it because having a YUGE UMBRELLA is a running gag for me personally (mine is about 4 feet long and can cover three people at once), and partly I love it because LOL KINGSMAN. It's pretty zippy, surprisingly ink efficient, and covers turf pretty well. I guess the constant looming threat of splashdowns is why people leave me alone when I'm running around with it XD

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I could make a lengthy post
. . . but (aside from Flopps+Silver hitting most points)Walkman over at InkTV already did it for me!

https://inktv.media/Post/20181383/SPLASH-or-CRASH-Undercover-Brella

Only pro I would add on to Walkman's list is that, as a new type of main weapon, it gives me much needed play variety. I still play shooters now an again, but they get stale fast. So despite being uderwhelming, the undercover is a small breath of fresh(ish) air.

Stardust

Semi-Pro Squid
Slushious - lol I'm always targeted!

Green Waffles - Thanks for showing me! Very informative!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Except for the damage output, feels as if I can shark with this a bit better than with the other two brellas.

I'm hoping they don't buff the shield as it would start to encroach on the splat brellas territory, and maybe become a semi-tanky splashdown factory. :scared:

HOWEVER, maybe they could pull back on that extra damage chargers and blasters get against a brella shield? Please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom