happy pride month squidboards :>

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
seeing the in-game plaza be filled with pride posts is so awesome, i can't believe how cool this community is
(this post is mostly just my attempt to socialize a bit more but seriously shoutouts to all the lgbt+ fans of this game)

Arigato!

Pro Squid
seeing the in-game plaza be filled with pride posts is so awesome, i can't believe how cool this community is
(this post is mostly just my attempt to socialize a bit more but seriously shoutouts to all the lgbt+ fans of this game)
lol idk if i can say this but there was a pictures of two "sausages" rubbing together. I LOVE THIS GAME :D

Last edited:

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
ok, as much as I love being a Christian I usually spend some time expressing who I really am and I am just as happy to be seeing about a few million pride month posts in-game, but as soon as it gets close to the end of the month I start getting annoyed with them because of how constant I see them, but I never get tired from them

AbsentAria

Inkling
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-0607-7213-7613
Happy pride month!

As much as I wish I could make a plaza post for pride month, I don't have the skills or the capabilities to do it.
I guess I'll just have to be content with other pride stuff I have ready

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
Happy pride month!

As much as I wish I could make a plaza post for pride month, I don't have the skills or the capabilities to do it.
I guess I'll just have to be content with other pride stuff I have ready
do it anyway! plaza posting isn’t restricted to people who can draw perfectly via the plaza post maker. plus, the best way to get better is to practice

AbsentAria

Inkling
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-0607-7213-7613
do it anyway! plaza posting isn’t restricted to people who can draw perfectly via the plaza post maker. plus, the best way to get better is to practice
That's true! My main problem is I don't use twitter so I don't have a way to actually send a post until the discontinuation properly goes through in a few days

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
That's true! My main problem is I don't use twitter so I don't have a way to actually send a post until the discontinuation properly goes through in a few days
ohh that’s fair lol

well, it’ll still be pride month when the twitter connection is severed! i encourage you to draw something once the new posting system is implemented :D

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
i also just gotta say... we've talked a lot about the state of the plaza right now but as a (newbie) (low-level) competitive player and a nonbinary lesbian i love that the comp scene is basically just as casually lgbtq-friendly as the wider splatoon fanbase

like, on the big well-known TO side of things, we've got this tweet from LUTI:
Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 17-53-13 (1) InkLeagues - Twitter.png

and the opening of IPL's "next up june 2024" video:

and yeah it's jokes and not some deep heartfelt thinkpiece about how much our queer players mean to the community, but it's the kinds of jokes you make if you do cherish our presence. these are "wow i feel seen" jokes.

and on the player side of things, i see more FA & team recruitment posts that specify that teams/new members must be lgbtq-friendly than not ('not' as in just posts that don't mention it, not that i'm seeing posts specifically seeking out homophobes LOL). it's something competitive splatoon players generally care about

idk it just makes me happy ❤ i'm feeling real down about my gameplay these days but i never have to question that i as a person am welcome here. yknow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom