• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Hard Copy vs Digital Download?

What should I do?

• Keep the hard copy, buy a different bundle Wii U

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Exchange hard copy for Splatoon edition Wii U with Digital

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (Bonus) Keep hard copy and get Splatoon edition Wii U anyway, give code to friend who owns a Wii U.

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BackwardCap

The Ink Brush Samurai
NNID
BackwardCap
Hey there, so I went to nintendo world on launch day to purchase the game early (and the triple amiibo set) so I could receive the swag they give out and planned to get the Wii U in a week but I discovered that they have a special bundle with Splatoon. However, it's just a download code in a fancy box and I heard that some people may experience lag online with digital where a disc would be fine.

Should I return the hard copy I purchased and save the $60 or would it lessen the experience for me? I'd also kind of like to have a disc copy just for the box art and disc design but if there's no difference on a gameplay standpoint I'll just save my money.

Crucifigo

Pro Squid
NNID
Crucifigo
Apparently Wii U is very lacking in room so if you plan on cramming a lot into it, you might want to go hard copy. There's no real difference, it's still the same game. No bonus loot or anything for having a disc.

PerfektNerD

The Villain You Need
NNID
Perfekt
I got the digital copy so that I can re-download it if necessary and also so that nintendo gets 100% of the proceeds.

D

Deleted Member

I personally have the digital. I got it with the Bestbuy Wii U + Splatoon bundle. I've had no issues yet, but I do prefer the convenience of it.

Senliten

Inkling
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Ok, as long as people with digital copies aren't having problems.
No problems here, and i'm sure the only lag problem online is of a latency sort, and not of the console taking a crap on ya and killing your frames sort.
If you can find the funds, or put a small investment into it, getting a External Solid State Drive is also nice. If you start adding more games to your library digitally that is, then it is a nice little thing to have.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
You should return the disk version of give it away, I don't see much purpose in having them both. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom