• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Has anyone else avoided a weapon like a plague?

RainbowOni

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6643-4364-0032
There's one more thing I wanted to state. Even though having a main weapon and becoming skilled at it is great. Don't at any cost limit yourself to only using that ONE weapon or ONE type of weapon. You limit yourself by doing this and even the gold dynamo user that attended the Nintendo invitation competition failed victim to this. Can't teach a old dog new tricks, there's only one It's good at and tries to apply it to everything.

the

Inkling Commander
There's one more thing I wanted to state. Even though having a main weapon and becoming skilled at it is great. Don't at any cost limit yourself to only using that ONE weapon or ONE type of weapon. You limit yourself by doing this and even the gold dynamo user that attended the Nintendo invitation competition failed victim to this. Can't teach a old dog new tricks, there's only one It's good at and tries to apply it to everything.
I agree, it's no crime to get really good at one weapon, but knowing how to use its alternate kits, or different weapons in its family, or even a few different weapon types effectively is definitely useful, especially early on when your main might just get nerfed into the ground and become too different for you to have fun with. Flexibility like that is also good because not every weapon sees success on every map.

Snipers, for example, are pretty easy to use on maps like port mackerel or the reef, but may run into problems in places like humpback pumptrack. That's not to say "don't use your favorite weapon when it's not the most viable choice" but it may be an uphill battle and sometimes expanding your arsenal makes it easier and more fun.

I used a lot of rollers and brushes in splatoon 1, but now that the octobrush is one of the only viable roller-class weapon (next to maybe the splat rollers) I decided to check out snipers, shooters and the heavy splatling. I'm not great with snipers, but the heavy splatling and longer-range shooters have been really fun and useful.

Also to stay on topic with this thread, the only weapon I've mostly avoided is blasters. I'm so bad with them, and apparently they are most useful in ranked, but I feel bad about going into ranked to experiment with weaps I've never played before and risk dragging my team down.....

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
Don't ask me why but I avoid everything what I consider as short ranged weapon...

Splattershot Jr.: NO
Splattershot: NO
Aerospray: NO
Splatlings: NO (Not short-ranged but I just don't really know how to play with them)
Chargers: NO (I want to learn them so you might see me in Regular matches there)
Brushes: NO
Blasters: NO (Rapid Blaster has range but still I don't know how to use them good. I might start learning them)

Now for the weapons I main: The vanilla Slosher (not the Tri-Slosher), Dual Squelchers (Dodge roll, good ranged, good firing rate) and for some reason the L-3 Nozzlenose.

Planned main weapons: Jet-Squelcher, E-Liter, (Forge) Splattershot Pro.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
There's only two-three kinds of weapons that I avoid using: Sloshers and Brushes and with Splatoon 2, also Brellas. Can't really use weapons that want me to "spam" ZR in rapid succession as their "primary firing mode". It hurts my finger and throws my aim off completely as well.

To be fair, Sloshers feel okay if for a short period of time (like, when I get one in Salmon Run), Brellas were also okay-ish in story mode. But Brushes? They seriously hurt and are so tiring - whenever I'm getting handed one in Salmon Run I'm literally exclaiming "[inaudible Russian swearing] finally over." afterwards. And that's only for like what, one wave? lol.

CM86

Pro Squid
Am I the only one who doesn't use certain weapons because they don't look cool? I certainly did this in Splatoon 1 and I am finding myself doing it again in Splatoon 2. Its probably a stupid reason to not use certain weapons. This is why I don't use the sploosh. It looks like some kind of ugly trumpet to me, but its cousin the splash looks way better so I would use that. I also think the tentatek in splatoon 2 looked way better in splatoon 1 then it does now with its berry colors so I don't want to use it. I don't play on a competitive team so I suppose my obscure reasoning is acceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom