• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Has anyone else avoided a weapon like a plague?

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Lots of weapons I'll be complete garbage at, like most chargers, but otherwise also the Aerospray. Once I start playing it in Turf War, I probably won't stop because of the huge turf coverage numbers, but I'll also lose most of the combat encounters.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Blasters. I REFUSE to use a Blaster. To me, they're just awkward to use. The slow fire rate of most Blasters and the range throw me off so much. They're nothing like shooters or rollers which seem a lot more predictable to aim with. =/

speedySonic

Full Squid
I try not to do this actually. I want to be efficient with every weapon eventually. Sure, I play my favorites more often, but I'm still working on being versatile.

I'm pretty sure I understand what to do with every weapon in theory except the roller. Like, what do you even do with the roller.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
The Flingza Roller. The Goo Tuber. E-Liters. Bamboozlers. Sloshing Machine. Ink Armor weapons.
For the Flingza, Goo Tuber, and Sloshing Machine, it's because they're so underpowered and their gimmicks are just done better by almost any other similar weapon. For the Bamboozler and E-Liter, I just suck with them. Lmao. I think Ink Armor is the most unfair bs in the game atm, and that's partially do to the game's ping. Sometimes, I cave in and use the Tri-Slosher because i genuinely enjoyed playing it in the first game, but I just cant bring myself to use it for long periods of time in this game because of how ridiculously powerful it is atm. Makes me feel like a scumbag.

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Apartment In Inkopolis With His 3 Friends
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
Don't know why, but I've been avoiding the aerospray and all blasters. The blaster just, well, I don't know. I hate that it's just one shot and you've gotta wait a second before doing it again. It's just not my cup of tea. A weapon I avoided but recently came to was the Splatterscope. I wasn't really fond of a sniper rifle in Splatoon 2, mostly because I suck at sniping. But once I actually used it, I was racking up kills and it's been one of my favorite weapons so far.

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Apartment In Inkopolis With His 3 Friends
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
The Flingza Roller. The Goo Tuber. E-Liters. Bamboozlers. Sloshing Machine. Ink Armor weapons.
For the Flingza, Goo Tuber, and Sloshing Machine, it's because they're so underpowered and their gimmicks are just done better by almost any other similar weapon. For the Bamboozler and E-Liter, I just suck with them. Lmao. I think Ink Armor is the most unfair bs in the game atm, and that's partially do to the game's ping. Sometimes, I cave in and use the Tri-Slosher because i genuinely enjoyed playing it in the first game, but I just cant bring myself to use it for long periods of time in this game because of how ridiculously powerful it is atm. Makes me feel like a scumbag.
Ink Armor is really unfair and it's all because of Splatoon 2's connections. There was this one time I tryed killing this dude with ink armor and I used my inkbrush and it took me 3 kills just to kill him ONCE. Nintendo really needs to fix this.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Ink Armor is really unfair and it's all because of Splatoon 2's connections. There was this one time I tryed killing this dude with ink armor and I used my inkbrush and it took me 3 kills just to kill him ONCE. Nintendo really needs to fix this.
tell me about it, my dude. It's a miserable special and it can be a real fun killer.

Turd

Inkling
NNID
yoshi_shioti
Switch Friend Code
SW-2964-4020-4043
Dualie squelchers,Tri-slosher,All rollers,brushes,Some chargers like (goo tuber)(Splat charger)(splatterscope),aerospray

1.)Dualie squelchers have a total range that out ranges classic dualies by a lot it even out rages Many shooters like splattershot.
WHYYYYY??? MY FAVORITE Weapon of the game....
2.)Tri-slosher It's Hit box is just Obscure it's even a 2 shot
3.)Rollers I used to like rollers when I never got splatoon but I tried it out and it just disappointed me with how ink hungry it is.
4.)Brushes I thought that inkbrush looked cool just spamming until I heard that it just flopped
5.)Chargers
A.)Goo tuber basic It's just a downgrade with the ability to hold a charge for longer but you can simply exit squid and re-enter to extend with others.
B.)Splat charger classic Special is terrible. also splatterscope
6.)Aerospray It's good for covering turf but for fighting back or engaging in battle is rolling a dice for the range to hit. I like shooters with rapid fire but aerospray just does not capture my taste.

Egg Queen

Full Squid
I really didn't like aerosprays in the first game because for some reason... I could never splat people with it but other people could splat me with them?? I don't know what was wrong with me lol
I decided to try out the aerospray RG in this game since the kit seemed pretty cool, and yeah it inks a lot and all but I hate not being able to do much when an opponent is trying to finish me off :v soo I've decided to not use them at all.
Other weapons hmmm.... I've never really been interested in rollers (even with the new vertical flick thing). Dualies too! I prefer to jump.

Last edited:

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Oh yeah, just rollers in general right now. I seriously miss the old rollers. The hit registration is so wonky, i feel like I get cheated out of so many splats, and i get splatted so many times when i shouldnt have. Rollers just aren't fun anymore. And that sucks. This game feels so wrong without all the rollers. I barely see them in turf war, and even less in ranked. It feels like a whole piece of splatoon was axed off when we all transitioned to the sequel. I'm glad im not getting sharked by 2 Krak-On Splat Rollers at every waking moment, but i still wish rollers didnt get nerfed to bad...

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
Speaking of ink armour, it's the worst when shooting someone as a charger, feeling good because you heard the pa-chink, and then realising the inkling is still alive because they had armour on.. it literally crushes your spirit if you've been having a bad game anyway. Weapons wise, I've been avoiding most shooters, specifically the N-Zap and Splash o matic as those were my favourites alongside the regular splattershot, and I wanna get used to the other classes, so if I eventually get into competitive I can fill almost any role.

Calissant

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0729-8716-4971
I haven't really felt like coming anywhere near the Aerospray MG. Too easy to get killed with anything that has a slightly longer range.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
For me I'll say chargers (with the exception of the Bamboozler) and to an extent Rollers/Brushes.

I don't really use Rollers/Brushes since they don't really fit my playstyle (I did find them fun, but I never achieved much with them), aside from that I do enjoy them and I might try them out a bit more in Splat 2 compared to the first one.

As for chargers, I never used them because I've always been terrible with those "1 shot, 1 kill" sniper weapons no matter what shooter game I played so I tend to avoid them for the most part.

Although, the Bamboozler though, is the only "charger" I actually enjoyed using since it's not like the other chargers due to its extremely fast charge time and quick double tap splat makes it pretty interesting and unique unlike any other "charger" weapon in Splatoon and I really enjoyed using it in the first game.

Platinum Inkling

Senior Squid
The E-liters. They're just annoying in general, and plus, they don't fit my playstyle. I like to move around instead of staying in one place all the time. It's why I avoided the splat charger in Splatoon 1 for a while, but after trying it, it really is fun to play and is my favorite charger. I've tried the E-liter before and failed horribly, though now that I'm talking about it, I might try in Splatoon 2 (Something's different with the chargers this time, and I can't quite figure out what it is. Maybe it's only the fact that I'm using an unscoped one this time, or the motion controls. It's even better than the first game, though)

Also on the note of ink armor, I'm actually really surprised this is being said. I've faced it plenty, and I don't really find it totally game breaking and OP (though, I will agree on the tri slosher). Annoying, yes, but it can be worked around. When I used it at the beginning I actually thought it was too weak. And there's my unpopular opinion of the day (that I didn't even know was unpopular)

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Also on the note of ink armor, I'm actually really surprised this is being said. I've faced it plenty, and I don't really find it totally game breaking and OP (though, I will agree on the tri slosher). Annoying, yes, but it can be worked around. When I used it at the beginning I actually thought it was too weak. And there's my unpopular opinion of the day (that I didn't even know was unpopular)
When you fight multiple enemies with ink armor, namely 3 or 4, Splatoon 2 becomes quite possibly one of the most unbearable experiences ever in an online game.

Holidaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
dyngledong
As a brush main, I was excited to see Octobrush with its new kit, but then I realized how obscenely easy it was to shark from a safe distance with it. So I'm running regular Inkbrush and focus targetting any trislosher and octobrush I see.

And boy is that an uphill battle.

Sciryn

Inkling
NNID
GamesterChris
Switch Friend Code
SW-5309-1214-3521
The Aerosprays. They seem too overused, and it feels like no matter how far away I am from them I am always in their range. I've never used one, but from the receiving end, they seem over powered.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
The Aerosprays. They seem too overused, and it feels like no matter how far away I am from them I am always in their range. I've never used one, but from the receiving end, they seem over powered.
their range is terrible. Play at your weapons range and Aerosprays will be helpless against you. They also have a 5 shot splat, which is the most shots needed to splat of any weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom