• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Has the splatoon 3 direct invigorated your interest in the game?

SmokyWreck

A captain of the darkness.
A very simply and to the point question!

For me, it definitely has. I'm currently in the process of creating some fancharacters with a friend to make an idol group together for the franchise. If it wasn't for Genshin Impact having me in a firm grip, I'd be playing religiously again!

Cephalobro

It very much did, my one gripe with Hammerhead Bridge was addressed. Salmon Run is always going to be available 24/7 with Salmonid invasion happening. A three-way Splatfest that now allows three ink colors at once.

Even things like rank being transferred over are great.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I'd say it was well worth watching the Direct; before then I was merely interested in playing Hero Mode and moving on. Now perhaps I might play online multiplayer again.

To satiate my inner records-keeper, I've even started working on a third unofficial Splatfest scorecard! As soon as I get all the details down I'll link it in my sig.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
As long as the netcode is fixed, I'll be there.

Cephalobro

I just hope they use the new online system or change to the new one, because the one that Nintendo has right now is over two decades old.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Indeed. I'm actually quite excited for this. They've made tons of improvements but if I still get shot by a charger through a wall because the shot was good on their end, no sale.

That said, I'm optimistic, but until we know for sure, the netcode issue will linger for me. That's my only real concern.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Honestly I am very excited
The fact that players will be playing with similar level players their own ranked queues if they have save data from Splatoon 2.
So it will feel less one sided for newcomers and be a welcome challenge to veterans.
Plus having all weapon in game from the get go at start is a welcomed change from u know the monthly trickle additions of weapons from S1/ S2 days. It means there is actually something new to look foward to when new weapons/stages are added.

Though like @Dessgeega internet connection is important I am hopeful, but again a major mechanic of this game is parrying (squid roll)
If S3 is try to set itself apart with these mechanics and a game that will likely have a huge meta focus on Parrying and punishing squidrolls....well it will work of the connection is stable...so here is hoping

Elbowtross

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
elbowtross256
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8505-2901
I'd say yes it has for me. Nintendo has been quite coy about splatoon 3 and having a nice big info dump has been great. I'm enjoying pretty much everything they've show off so far except for like 1 or 2 things. I really like the new weapons and specials and having some old specials come back. Being able to use the firing range while waiting for games is an amazing feature. The personal locker and the hotlantis catalog stuff seems like a nice feature. I could go on about other stuff too but I'll just say splatoon 3 is shaping up to be pretty great imo.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
Yeah, especially with some of the clarifications on the site. I went from being a little worried to really excited. Most of the new stuff looks great and I'm absolutely loving how many QOL features they've added.
That said, I'm a little worried about the content rollout. They say every main weapon is returning, but I don't think we've got confirmation that at least one kit for every main weapon will be in the base game. Getting drip fed brand new weapons or weapon kits is alright, but it'll be really frustrating if we have to wait for old mains to return again.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Yeah, especially with some of the clarifications on the site. I went from being a little worried to really excited. Most of the new stuff looks great and I'm absolutely loving how many QOL features they've added.
That said, I'm a little worried about the content rollout. They say every main weapon is returning, but I don't think we've got confirmation that at least one kit for every main weapon will be in the base game. Getting drip fed brand new weapons or weapon kits is alright, but it'll be really frustrating if we have to wait for old mains to return again.
Yes, we got confirmation that every weapon will be available at launch. Which combined with the Splatoon 2 save bonus means that every returning player can immediately pick up their weapon of choice 👍

And as Saber said, I am hyped for the split between Ranked (sorry, "anarchy", feh, it'll always be ranked to me") and X. I've always grumbled about casuals being thrown into matches with pros in league and elsewhere, now all the sweaty tryhards can fight amongst themselves and I can have decent matches :P

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Wow, what has happened to this place? It used to be jumping, and now it's like an empty ghost town. A new Splatoon drops and there's like a dozen posts at best. Saber's a mod now! And hasn't posted much. Ansible's staff......and hasn't been seen in months. Almost any other name I recognize is gone. And I'm still ranked as one of the top most prolific posters of all time and I haven't been here in years! :p Not gonna' lie, this is depressing... Even my row of mains in my sig is gone (Hey my sig is still there, time to update it!). It's like finding out the mall you used to hang out at is now an office park and retirement living community.

So far my interest is renewed. I forgot how addictive it is. It's till more of the same, and more of A Communication Error Has Occurred. Dynamo has been nerfed into meme territory, Flingza feels 3x more destructive than dynamo. Carbon is still a better ninja weapon than the new swords which are fun but woefully ineffective, while brush is still a better sword. Chargers feel like their S1 selves again somehow, IDK what was wrong in 2 but they felt off. They feel "back" again. But I've got a new best friend and it's a bow and arrow. Because I like the freaky stuff. :)

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
Wow, what has happened to this place? It used to be jumping, and now it's like an empty ghost town. A new Splatoon drops and there's like a dozen posts at best.
The death of forum culture happened, basically. The boards have been on a decline ever since Discord started to gain ground. Activity here has actually started to pick up lately (there were LONG stretches of no activity before 3), but there's no way we're ever going back to 2015 numbers again.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Wow, what has happened to this place? It used to be jumping, and now it's like an empty ghost town. A new Splatoon drops and there's like a dozen posts at best. Saber's a mod now! And hasn't posted much. Ansible's staff......and hasn't been seen in months. Almost any other name I recognize is gone. And I'm still ranked as one of the top most prolific posters of all time and I haven't been here in years! :p Not gonna' lie, this is depressing... Even my row of mains in my sig is gone (Hey my sig is still there, time to update it!). It's like finding out the mall you used to hang out at is now an office park and retirement living community.

So far my interest is renewed. I forgot how addictive it is. It's till more of the same, and more of A Communication Error Has Occurred. Dynamo has been nerfed into meme territory, Flingza feels 3x more destructive than dynamo. Carbon is still a better ninja weapon than the new swords which are fun but woefully ineffective, while brush is still a better sword. Chargers feel like their S1 selves again somehow, IDK what was wrong in 2 but they felt off. They feel "back" again. But I've got a new best friend and it's a bow and arrow. Because I like the freaky stuff. :)
So alot has happened, tldr; discord did have a significant impact on squidboards but one of the other big things is sadly across a few mod forum there was infestation of Bots that were going around infected forums (squidboards though was hit pretty hard) with thousands of fraud posts, inappropriate links, and whatnot so stricter measures were put in place but it did dissade alot of people from the boards and been working on recovering ever since

But as for me in Splatoon 3 I am loving it, it is still as addictive and I thriving rn with all the awesome features but I got a better Splatoon-life balance then I did in times past so it isn't all consuming, also I been working on it but want to make sure I got it done but I am going to do an offically archtype/ playstyle analysis of the weapons for S3
with all the new special weapons and sub weapon things have shifted a bit enough for me to lookover the weapons once more so tbd on it til I review all the weapons

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
So alot has happened, tldr; discord did have a significant impact on squidboards but one of the other big things is sadly across a few mod forum there was infestation of Bots that were going around infected forums (squidboards though was hit pretty hard) with thousands of fraud posts, inappropriate links, and whatnot so stricter measures were put in place but it did dissade alot of people from the boards and been working on recovering ever since

But as for me in Splatoon 3 I am loving it, it is still as addictive and I thriving rn with all the awesome features but I got a better Splatoon-life balance then I did in times past so it isn't all consuming, also I been working on it but want to make sure I got it done but I am going to do an offically archtype/ playstyle analysis of the weapons for S3
with all the new special weapons and sub weapon things have shifted a bit enough for me to lookover the weapons once more so tbd on it til I review all the weapons

Somehow email notifications of posts don't work as they used to and I didn't even know you guys were replying...thought the place was completely dead! Glad to see there's still SOME life here!

That's a shame about the "death of forum culture". I'm shocked to hear it. It shouldn't be surprising to some extent due to how popular Discord got, but I also find it surprising because pretty much the only reason I even have a Discord account (that I never use) is because of SquidBoards! So to me Discord is an extension of the forum, not the other way around. (Of course I still think of Discord as a Splatoon related tool, lol....8 years ago was a different time I suppose.)

I used it back in the Splatoon 1-2 days a lot, but that's when it was just a gaming tool. Now that it's more or less a "social media platform" I'm not too interested in it anymore. Forums 4 life. Though I'll probably get sucked back into Discord now that @Ansible dropped into my game yesterday when I was having my worst streak of missing every shot since getting 3 and now I have to hunt him down locate him for a friendly game to salvage my image....and he hasn't been here since May ;)

It's terrible how addictive this game is. I have a mountain of JRPGs I ought to be playing through and more coming on the way between all platforms....I still have XC3 left dangling at a critical, depressing turning point....but what do I do every day? "One more match.... I love and hate Splatoon with all my batter-fried heart.

I'm glad I missed the bot era. That sounds awful. What kind of measures were added that scared everyone away?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom