• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Has there been a tier list for all the main weapons in the game yet?

ProfessorJC

Inkling
NNID
Redfox41234
Just want to know if there is something like that floating around already. It's interesting to see people's points of view this early in the meta.I suppose the list would be different for Turf War or Splat Zones. In my opinion, Splattershot Jr. and the Aerosprays are both up there, in both possible lists.

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
I don't think there is one to my knowledge. However, it seems like right now, certain weapons do better than others. This might just be due to the fact that roles have not been established in the meta yet, as all servers are public. For Turf Wars, it seems that the best blasters are the Jr. and Aerospray, the best rollers are subjective (for standard roller, most players have been using the Krak-on, though. I haven't seen many players with the other. Gold Dynamo Roller seems to do better than regular Dynamo, and then there is paintbrush). I have not ran into any chargers getting 800+p (without win bonus) in Turf Wars. However, in Splat Zones, it seems that rollers do a bit worse, the .52 gal + .52 gal deco and chargers are more viable.

Iwpwad

Inkling
NNID
RockmanFalcon
It is way too early for one. The game needs some time, it hasn't been out for very long.

shane3x

Full Squid
I think tier lists would only work within categories not between them. Would need very defined terms also as "Tier List" is far too vague without proper context.

nebbii

Inkling
NNID
nebbii
I think it would be best to wait with making tier lists until at least the pre-made team matchmaking modes are available, there isn't really a meta at this point.

Nico Nico Sleep

Pro Squid
Although we have a "hint" as to what the meta is going to be (Aero RG and .52 Decos), I don't think we can establish a legitimate tier list until we're able to test lots of factors properly. Meaning we have to wait for private rooms and other features to truly figure out the tier list. I'd be willing to say that fast-rate weapons and high-damaging weapons will be the "top-tiers"

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
Honestly, I feel if you absolutely MUST have one, it should be tiered by the effectiveness of the entire loaded potato and not just by the main weapon.

...That was not autocorrect.

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
You probably still could tier the main weapons, it's just that the sub and special weapons determine the complementary tactics overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom